Turn on thread page Beta

A mechanism - to remember all of the mechanisms. watch

ReputationRep:
    I am two and a half hours deep into studying the mechanisms in chemistry, and none the wiser. Has anyone got any tips on how to remember them all (and the conditions)? Would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    This sounds really boring and might not work for you, but with chemistry I find my best way to just learn the content is to just keep writing it out over and over again. Sorry is this isnt helpful, but it works really well for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackLeggett)
    This sounds really boring and might not work for you, but with chemistry I find my best way to just learn the content is to just keep writing it out over and over again. Sorry is this isnt helpful, but it works really well for me
    I might try this method, seems boring (no offence) but you never know, might as well give it a go! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MollieG_)
    I might try this method, seems boring (no offence) but you never know, might as well give it a go! Thanks!
    No it is really boring haha im now about to start doing it Maybe try flash cards, or watching youtube videos. Allery Chemistry is pretty good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackLeggett)
    No it is really boring haha im now about to start doing it Maybe try flash cards, or watching youtube videos. Allery Chemistry is pretty good
    I will take a look! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    My method is to just use repeat the mechanism on loads and loads and loads and loads of compounds e.g. free-radical substitution on alkanes (I'd do it on Chlorine and Methane, Ethane, Propane...Decane...x-ane; Bromine and ...; Iodine and...).

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.