soph_2310
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am in year 11 at the moment and deciding what subjects to take for a levels, psychology, biology and English lit are the subjects I am interested in taking but I would like to know what I would study in university in the future that would mainly be to do with psychology but how English and biology would link in to it?
Kirby...
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Biology and psychology link together nicely. English will prepare you for essay writing.
soph_2310
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Do you know what i could study in university mainly to do with psychology but also link in biology and maybe English?
LordLucifer
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i think some unis do "psychology & ()" but I'm not sure. https://sacu-student.com/?page_id=5203 this website can be good for seeing what other people did with your a level choices
lphillips4
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m in year 13 studying those 3 subjects (and business studies) and I’m going to university next year to study Psychology and Neuroscience

As a poster above said, Psychology and biology link together well (you’ll probably even do some biology modules in psychology A-Level, such as Biopsychology - my favourite). Psychology A-Level is very much essay based, across most if not all of the exam boards. This is where English comes in handy as it prepares you for the amount of writing and also helps you to write more quickly and coherently
Hope this helped! And I hope your GCSE’s go well for you
Jess990
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Psychology goes perfectly with those subjects. There are lots of combined courses (like Psychology and Education Studies for example) but they are generally not as strong as a pure Psychology degree.

Within your degree, there is a lot of biology within Biological Psychology (a key module in all BPS accredited courses) and there is a lot of essay writing and analysing text, so English would be perfect for that.

I can’t really comment on A Levels as I took mine before the course changed, but I’m a second year psychology student at university, and it seems like you’re on the perfect track for a degree in Psychology.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.54%
I'm not sure (51)
4.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.44%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (544)
48.53%

Watched Threads