Maddie_rycerz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does anyone know how to compare the two poems?
'How is power shown in Storm on the Island and also in London?'
Someone help >_<
Garrixer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Both portray some sort of injustice or dislike at society. Wordsworth talks about the poor and inequality of social classes in London and in Storm on the Island Heaney describes the Irish Civil War and how it will destroy the island. Notice how the name of the poem says Stormont which is the Irish political building and Ireland is literally and island country so that’s a comparison you could make between the two poems. Hope that helps.
Maddie_rycerz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Garrix we)
Both portray some sort of injustice or dislike at society. Wordsworth talks about the poor and inequality of social classes in London and in Storm on the Island Heaney describes the Irish Civil War and how it will destroy the island. Notice how the name of the poem says Stormont which is the Irish political building and Ireland is literally and island country so that’s a comparison you could make between the two poems. Hope that helps.
^^ Thank You
sherl0ck
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Garrix we)
Brilliant comparison, this is going to help me a lot. Thank you
fatima21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Garrixer)
William Blake wrote London, William Wordsworth wrote The Prelude. But this was still super helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (40)
18.02%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (63)
28.38%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (85)
38.29%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (29)
13.06%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.25%

Watched Threads