Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I finished my a-levels back in 2010 under Gce(edexcel) but didnot do the cash in code of two subjects becoz i didnot need it back then and the university was not bugging me about it! The gce syllabus that i studied in, is no longer available. Now i desperately need the certificate coz i won't be able to get my transcripts until i get my a-level certificate. I have one alevel certificate of one subject and i need another! British council is taking too long to process my need! What should i do! I desperately need some guidance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fahim1990)
    I finished my a-levels back in 2010 under Gce(edexcel) but didnot do the cash in code of two subjects becoz i didnot need it back then and the university was not bugging me about it! The gce syllabus that i studied in, is no longer available. Now i desperately need the certificate coz i won't be able to get my transcripts until i get my a-level certificate. I have one alevel certificate of one subject and i need another! British council is taking too long to process my need! What should i do! I desperately need some guidance!
    This isn't a normal situation and I haven't encountered it with any uk students. The guidance from examiners is that unit results remain available for cash in as long as the specification is available. As it isn't, you might find that you are out of luck and can't get a qualification awarded. Your British Council exam centre has the most direct access to EDEXCEL to investigate this on your behalf, other than contacting them again to explain your urgency I don't think there's anything else you can do. EDEXCEL will only deal directly with you if your exam centre isn't helping.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for your response, but i have been to pearson edexcel and there is a priority service which i think can send me the certificates! I am provinding the link here! Could anyone let me know! I would be deeply indebted to you if you could help me out!
    https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...tificates.html

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for your response, but i have been to pearson edexcel and there is a priority service which i think can send me the certificates! I am provinding the link here! Could anyone let me know! I would be deeply indebted to you if you could help me out!
    https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...tificates.html
    I don't think you are in a position to use this certificate replacement service. It is really there to replace a lost certificate or in urgent cases to communicate grades direct to a university etc. You have not cashed in your qualification and so technically don't have a qualification to issue a certificate for, this is a different issue. I have no idea what would happen if you requested the service.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks you, right now i am really anxious and afraid! My university has asked me to show that i have completed another subject in alevels! I need some proof to show that i did complete my alevels! And if the worst case scenario happens, and if i give a alevels subject now, would it make me fradulent to instutions? Can i persue to go abroad and do my masters?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks you, right now i am really anxious and afraid! My university has asked me to show that i have completed another subject in alevels! I need some proof to show that i did complete my alevels! And if the worst case scenario happens, and if i give a alevels subject now, would it make me fradulent to instutions? Can i persue to go abroad and do my masters?
    Were you not issued with any unit exam results at the time? Surely you needed some evidence to show to the university even if they didn't require final certificates,
    What feedback have you had from your British Council exam centre? They are you best allies to try to resolve this with EDEXCEL if it's possible to do so.
    You could try the replacement certificate route, I just don't know what will happen.
    There would be nothing fraudulent if you retook the A level to achieve a grade, your earliest chance to do this would be summer 2018.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot! And no my school lost my provisional marksheets! And i am only left with the statement of entry! And it's a board shouldn't it have all the records of every student that has ever given exam! British council is really taking things slow! And the last date to register for summer 2018 is in march! So i want some help regarding the results.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.