Turn on thread page Beta

Welcome to the stressful life watch

ReputationRep:
    So I am due to start my GCSE exams along with the majority of the Year 11's in the country on the May 14th (a date that seems to be approaching a LOT faster than I anticipated) and it's safe to say I'm a little stressed.

I haven't officially started revision yet, I'm planning to this weekend, the start of half term, but most of my friends seem to be talking about how many past papers they're doing, all the Othello quotes they were learning at the weekend or how dull memorising Physics equations is which is all leaving me wondering: is it too late?

But today I realised something very important. GCSEs are not my life.

Anyway, despite all that they are pretty critical to my future career. I want to go in to engineering and it's unfortunately one of the fields that requires a pretty structured entrance pathway so for now, GCSEs are a pretty large consideration in my daily routine.

We just finished our mocks and my results were as follows:

RE: 6
    Maths: 9
    Biology: 8
    Chemistry: 8
    Physics: 8
    English language: 9
    English literature: 7
    Music: 8
    Business Studies: A* - apparently that converts to 8.5???
    German: 7

I was pretty happy with this! The majority (apart from RE) were pretty much the same or maybe 1 lower than my target grades for GCSE so definitely a good result for me.

ReputationRep:
    It’s never too late!!! I did my gcses last year and those results are better than my actual ones!!! I got 2 A*s, and an 8, 3 A’s, 2 B’s, 1 C and 2 5’s (my results are a horrible car crash of old and new style ones) and with those results you seem to be on track, so start revising the things you didn’t do so well on the exams, as for RE, could be better, but it’s a pass, and how necessary is RE for engineering? I would focus on the obvious’s like maths and physics and getting them perfect before working on less necessary subjects
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.