Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I stood up for someone who was getting bullied and now I’m getting bullied to watch

ReputationRep:
    Help! I have a friend who was getting bullied at school and I got to know her better and now we always hang out. Now, all of the bullies friends, including some of my ow friends and the bullies themselves have started picking on me to. They push me over and call me names. They shout at me and they message me mean things and post stuff online about me (basicallythe classic bullying situation in middle school). This was all a shock to me since I was good friends with most of them. I don’t know what to do, I like the girl I stood up for but would things be better for me if I just ditched them and kept to myself at school?

ReputationRep:
    If you can, just ignore them if it doesn't become physical. If they try to push you, punch them!....welp, if it's only one guy. Get somebody to video you getting pushed. That's all i can think of but do get adult help ASAP.

Bait them, get evidence and call the cops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDieMstr)
    If you can, just ignore them if it doesn't become physical. If they try to push you, punch them!....welp, if it's only one guy. Get somebody to video you getting pushed. That's all i can think of but do get adult help ASAP.
    It’s a really big group of people and last time they caught me trying to video them my school took my phone and went through all my photos and stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Bait them, get evidence and call the cops
    Cops told them to back off, but still nothing has changed

ReputationRep:
    It is difficult to know the correct course of action but I would try the following

1) Go and report this to the school, go as high as possible, straight to the head teacher if possible. Explain your story and say to them that you have the right to come to school without the fear of violence.

2) Speak to your parents/guardians. They are probably completely unaware of the issues you are facing and an angry parent can bring great pressure to bear on the school.

3) (Last resort) Try to see if a friend will record you being bullied. Video is a powerful medium and can bring home the realisation of the suffering you are experiencing. First show your footage to the head teacher and if they do not take satisfactory action then consider taking it to social media. Do think carefully about this as the resulting public backlash will be beyond your control and can costs jobs, bring unwanted attention and may cause the bullies to end up getting bullied.

4) Do not react violently as this might make things worse and end up getting yourself into trouble.

Never forget you are not alone, every school in every country has lots of kids being bullied everyday.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

kudos for sticking up for her. I think that action was of great value, though it may of come with a personal cost.

i was bullied at school. spat on, beaten up, no one would touch me lest they get 'bryony disease'.
    I sat alone. I ate alone. I hid in the bathrooms during lunch break so nobody would see me alone.

I had one friend, Miriam. I still remember the day she came up to me and said 'Bryony, I'm sorry, I can't be your friend anymore, because i am being bullied for it'. It broke my heart.

If you can stick with her, do it.

It might not be the easy thing to do, but its the right thing to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 679Anonymous)
    Help! I have a friend who was getting bullied at school and I got to know her better and now we always hang out. Now, all of the bullies friends, including some of my ow friends and the bullies themselves have started picking on me to. They push me over and call me names. They shout at me and they message me mean things and post stuff online about me (basicallythe classic bullying situation in middle school). This was all a shock to me since I was good friends with most of them. I don’t know what to do, I like the girl I stood up for but would things be better for me if I just ditched them and kept to myself at school?
    My best advice would be just try your best to keep your head up and focus on good things as much as you can. Just ignore it as much as possible. It’s won’t last for ever, but you will for ever have the comfort in knowing that you did the right thing in standing up for someone

ReputationRep:
    Record the mean words that bully you and your friends in order to have proof that u are not lie.... then tell your teacher and also ur parents to support it...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.