Turn on thread page Beta

07/02/2018 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hello,
    After spending the first few months of my a levels thinking they where like gcse's and ccould problerly not revise and get good grades. I could not have been more wrong. The mock exam grades i got where the worst i have ever had. U in Mathmatics, E in Chemistry and E in physics. From these i have realized that a levels are a pain and need to start working harder.

From my first day trying to get on top of the work i have not done i have realized that there is far too much and i did too much too quickly and have had my first revision blowout, and have had to start all over again.

if some people could give me some adivce on how to do well in a level study and how not to procrastinate as much as i can, that would be great.

many thanks,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 17Amartin)
    hello,
    After spending the first few months of my a levels thinking they where like gcse's and ccould problerly not revise and get good grades. I could not have been more wrong. The mock exam grades i got where the worst i have ever had. U in Mathmatics, E in Chemistry and E in physics. From these i have realized that a levels are a pain and need to start working harder.

From my first day trying to get on top of the work i have not done i have realized that there is far too much and i did too much too quickly and have had my first revision blowout, and have had to start all over again.

if some people could give me some adivce on how to do well in a level study and how not to procrastinate as much as i can, that would be great.

many thanks,
    Hi! Don't worry, I was in exactly the same situation last year. You still have time to turn this around. For my AS mocks I got BBU but came out with BCC but I definitely did not revise as much as I should have. My advice is to go through your topics, writing them down in a study checklist. Mark down each hour you spend on each so you can keep track. For key facts you need to memorise use flash cards, for linking topics use mind maps and I would colour code and organise everything! Keep going back over stuff you've already learnt so it sticks and you don't have to waste time relearning something cause you forgot it. Hope this helps!

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
  • Birmingham City University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 1 Jan '70
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.