Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What are not heavy gcse medicine unis

ReputationRep:
    The phrasing of your question makes little to no sense. I sure hope your essay writing is better than that when it comes to writing your personal statement.

As for your question (I think?), you should do some research yourself for universities and courses YOU like. Apply to the courses that appeal to you because of the content and structure, not because your grades are bad at GCSE and they don't care about GCSEs.

ReputationRep:
    Most of them are not that GCSE heavy. The only one that I know of are Birmingham and Oxford. You definitely need around 7A*s or more for those two. Cambridge as well but not to the extent of Oxford. I know people who got between 2-5 A*s getting a cambridge offer.

So long as you have good predictions and UKCAT/BMAT scores most other unis should be fine hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cindyclark46)
    The phrasing of your question makes little to no sense. I sure hope your essay writing is better than that when it comes to writing your personal statement.

As for your question (I think?), you should do some research yourself for universities and courses YOU like. Apply to the courses that appeal to you because of the content and structure, not because your grades are bad at GCSE and they don't care about GCSEs.
    First of all don't worry about my essay writing skills. No one told me the Minister of Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar had an account on student room. Second of all thanks for being no help.xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon736)
    Most of them are not that GCSE heavy. The only one that I know of are Birmingham and Oxford. You definitely need around 7A*s or more for those two. Cambridge as well but not to the extent of Oxford. I know people who got between 2-5 A*s getting a cambridge offer.

So long as you have good predictions and UKCAT/BMAT scores most other unis should be fine hopefully.
    This and Cardiff I believe are the only GCSE heavy ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pab12344)
    First of all don't worry about my essay writing skills. No one told me the Minister of Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar had an account on student room. Second of all thanks for being no help.xx
    Your sentence made no sense. Nothing to do with spelling, but more so your ability to communicate.

Regardless, as someone said above, most unis don't care as long as you have a few A/B grades and come off as hardworking. That's why I'm saying to apply to courses you LIKE over courses with low GCSE expectations. They're all about equal, so find ones you like so you don't waste 6 years of your life at a type of med course that you can't suceed at.

Sorry if that's "no help" but I think you misunderstood me. If you had bad GCSEs there's little chance you'd be allowed to apply to medicine by your school, so assuming yours are decent, you're fine. No need to get salty at me.

PS: none of those three words are names, so they should be lowercase And there's nothing wrong with having correct grammar and spelling in any case... if I can be correct, why would I want to be incorrect instead? But do forgive me, english is my third language so maybe I misunderstood.

ReputationRep:
    If you're legit, I suggest you work on your attitude. Since you can't be bothered to do your own research, you're going to be needing a lot of help from others and being a sarcastic **** is not the way to go.

ReputationRep:
    Most med schools just want a couple of B’s and A’s.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Medicine is a fake subject

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.