The Student Room Group

What are not heavy gcse medicine unis

What are not heavy gcse medicine unis
The phrasing of your question makes little to no sense. I sure hope your essay writing is better than that when it comes to writing your personal statement.

As for your question (I think?), you should do some research yourself for universities and courses YOU like. Apply to the courses that appeal to you because of the content and structure, not because your grades are bad at GCSE and they don't care about GCSEs.
Reply 2
Most of them are not that GCSE heavy. The only one that I know of are Birmingham and Oxford. You definitely need around 7A*s or more for those two. Cambridge as well but not to the extent of Oxford. I know people who got between 2-5 A*s getting a cambridge offer.

So long as you have good predictions and UKCAT/BMAT scores most other unis should be fine hopefully.
Reply 3
Original post by cindyclark46
The phrasing of your question makes little to no sense. I sure hope your essay writing is better than that when it comes to writing your personal statement.

As for your question (I think?), you should do some research yourself for universities and courses YOU like. Apply to the courses that appeal to you because of the content and structure, not because your grades are bad at GCSE and they don't care about GCSEs.

First of all don't worry about my essay writing skills. No one told me the Minister of Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar had an account on student room. Second of all thanks for being no help.xx
Original post by Anon736
Most of them are not that GCSE heavy. The only one that I know of are Birmingham and Oxford. You definitely need around 7A*s or more for those two. Cambridge as well but not to the extent of Oxford. I know people who got between 2-5 A*s getting a cambridge offer.

So long as you have good predictions and UKCAT/BMAT scores most other unis should be fine hopefully.

This and Cardiff I believe are the only GCSE heavy ones.
Original post by Pab12344
First of all don't worry about my essay writing skills. No one told me the Minister of Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar had an account on student room. Second of all thanks for being no help.xx

Your sentence made no sense. Nothing to do with spelling, but more so your ability to communicate.

Regardless, as someone said above, most unis don't care as long as you have a few A/B grades and come off as hardworking. That's why I'm saying to apply to courses you LIKE over courses with low GCSE expectations. They're all about equal, so find ones you like so you don't waste 6 years of your life at a type of med course that you can't suceed at.

Sorry if that's "no help" but I think you misunderstood me. If you had bad GCSEs there's little chance you'd be allowed to apply to medicine by your school, so assuming yours are decent, you're fine. No need to get salty at me.

PS: none of those three words are names, so they should be lowercase :smile: And there's nothing wrong with having correct grammar and spelling in any case... if I can be correct, why would I want to be incorrect instead? But do forgive me, english is my third language so maybe I misunderstood.
Reply 6
Most med schools just want a couple of B’s and A’s.
Medicine is a fake subject

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending