Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I wish I had a boyfriend watch

I’m 18 and I’ve never had a boyfriend but everyone around my age had had at least 1 serious relationship or is in a serious relationship. I know I’m young but I feel left out and unwanted. Every guy I’ve dated has just wanted to sleep with me and has never taken me seriously. I see girls who have sex on the first date get boyfriends(not that I am shaming any girls who do but usually guys look down on girls who do) and girls who don’t even try or the most meanest girls. There’s also girls who are always in a new relationship!! It’s not fair why does everyone want them? What am I doing wrong? I’m outgoing, funny and I don’t sleep around. I have goals and I’m career driven and have my own hobbies

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a great girl ... I am sure someone will be attracted to you eventually. You have lots of attribute I would look for in a girl

ReputationRep:
    If guys see you as little more than a potential shag, you must be rather generic. Lots of girls are outgoing, funny and don't sleep around (I do live in a pretty boring, middle class southeast town tbf). As a bloke, the only reason I would attempt to get into a long term relationship with a girl was if I felt that I'd never see anyone quite like them again and I couldn't stand the thought of some other tw*t getting hold of her. You've got to make yourself seem like a catch. There's plenty of yt vids explaining how to do this. Another tip: don't try to hard. Don't ask me why but it's an instant boner killer. From my experience, it doesn't matter how attractive, feminine or popular you are, it just makes me incredibly uncomfortable when a girl comes on too hard (some of them actually got frustrated with me and asked me if I was gay XD). Other guys just try to use you for a quick and easy shag. Having said that, don't be too uptight either as you'll be considered a stuck-up b*tch. An intresting observation I've made is that the girls who are ALWAYS in a relationship tend to "date down" a bit (poorer, uglier, stupider etc.) or go for guys who are, for lack of a better word, pussies. These relationships rarely last more than 9 months or so. If all you want is a relationship, consider lowering your standards.
    Or just chill the f*ck out, concentrate on improving yourself and wait for the right person

ReputationRep:
    i agree with DrXavier

ReputationRep:
    i think we should chat some more.

I am 37 year old, live in Newcastle and I am a qualified self-employed gardener.
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I’m 18 and I’ve never had a boyfriend but everyone around my age had had at least 1 serious relationship or is in a serious relationship. I know I’m young but I feel left out and unwanted. Every guy I’ve dated has just wanted to sleep with me and has never taken me seriously. I see girls who have sex on the first date get boyfriends(not that I am shaming any girls who do but usually guys look down on girls who do) and girls who don’t even try or the most meanest girls. There’s also girls who are always in a new relationship!! It’s not fair why does everyone want them? What am I doing wrong? I’m outgoing, funny and I don’t sleep around. I have goals and I’m career driven and have my own hobbies
    Try Tinder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marc30)

I am 37 year old, live in Newcastle and I am a qualified self-employed gardener.
    haha

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had a girlfriend. I'm 21, so...Don't feel bad. I know it sucks, but you just gotta learn to like yourself before you can expect anyone to like you.

ReputationRep:

n i n e t e e n y e a r a g e g a p

ReputationRep:
    Honestly being thicc will GURANTEE you a relationship.

don't be a hoe like the others

Tinder only has guys who want one night stands

ReputationRep:
    Tinder only has guys who want one night stands
    Indeed, don't lower your standards, it isn't worth it - you will regret this. The fact you are looking for a serious relationship tells me that tinder is probably not appropriate, and also just remember relationships - real ones require work and effort, so the fact that you have not found the appropriate person for you is unsurprising.

At your age guys mostly want an easy lay. They'll take the piss out of these girls but they'll sleep with them because they know they won't have to work at it.

Don't get yourself upset over it. You're not doing anything wrong. You just haven't met anyone worthy of you yet. There's nothing wrong at all with wanting to be with someone who wants more than sex, and good on you for standing by that. And there's nothing wrong with having high standards of attractiveness (if you have).

I'll say again: you aren't doing anything wrong.

ReputationRep:
    watch this series on youtube and get back to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7h5...EBxrSpw3rbdbz6

all the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloralLuxe)
    Honestly being thicc will GURANTEE you a relationship.
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:

Lol this cracked me up
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    im here

ReputationRep:

Wowee!
    How much did you earn in 2017?

ReputationRep:

cat_mac he's moved on from you. #TheOneThatGotAway

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.