Turn on thread page Beta

Motivation during studying watch

ReputationRep:
    I have my GCSEs coming up soon but I find that I'm always procrastinating my revision. Do you have any tips or advice that will make me feel motivated to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mickie14)
    I have my GCSEs coming up soon but I find that I'm always procrastinating my revision. Do you have any tips or advice that will make me feel motivated to study?
    Set timers so you have to do it and give yourself treats to motivate yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine spending 4 years in a prison i like to call school or education, to come back on the 24th August to look at results lower than a grade 3. Its the notion of imagining that you could have easily had better grades if you studied hard rather than watching netflix 5 hours a day, etc..., and you still have time, so aim high and keep back to the revision.

You can use flash cards, but ensure that what you write is in your own words, and that you remember what your writing. There are times when i find myself blindly writing notes and not actually taking into account what i'm writing. Re-writing your notes always works best for me, but the notes have to be condensed and straight forward. At this point it is really about perfecting your exam technique and understanding what the examiner requires you to write, when you answer questions. For example, you wouldn't get full/half marks for describing in a question that said in bold to explain.

ReputationRep:
    3 months to go! I think of it as a lot of revision time but also the fact that I will finally be free very soon. Think of it like that.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.