Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi team!

I would like to apply for a student loan and I would like to know if i am eligible.

I am a EU citizen. I permanently live and work in Greece and i have a Bachelor degree in Business Administration & Management.

I have never lived in UK or in another country in the past.

I have already applied for a postgraduate programme at University of Surrey & Sussex.

Also, I would like to know if the application desk has opened for postgraduate courses 2018/19.

Thank you in advance.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Papathanasiou)
    Hi team!

I would like to apply for a student loan and I would like to know if i am eligible.

I am a EU citizen. I permanently live and work in Greece and i have a Bachelor degree in Business Administration & Management.

I have never lived in UK or in another country in the past.

I have already applied for a postgraduate programme at University of Surrey & Sussex.

Also, I would like to know if the application desk has opened for postgraduate courses 2018/19.

Thank you in advance.
    Hi Papathanasiou,

I just need to ask a question to help you out there.

Is it a Masters degree you are going to be studying in the UK?

Thank you,

John.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly!!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Exactly!!
    Hi Papathanasiou,

Thanks very much for answering that question.

In that case, you would be eligible for the Postgraduate Loan (PGL) as an EU student. If you have a look here, you can see an overview of the eligibility, how to apply and the funding you can receive.

We don't have a confirmed date for the applications to be available as of yet, if you keep an eye out here on The Student Room and our Facebook and Twitter, you will see announcements when the applications are launched.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,

John.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John B SFE)
    Hi Papathanasiou,

Thanks very much for answering that question.

In that case, you would be eligible for the Postgraduate Loan (PGL) as an EU student. If you have a look here, you can see an overview of the eligibility, how to apply and the funding you can receive.

We don't have a confirmed date for the applications to be available as of yet, if you keep an eye out here on The Student Room and our Facebook and Twitter, you will see announcements when the applications are launched.

Kind regards,

John.
    Thank you so much for your valuable information!! How long does it usually take to respond to an application?

I am asking because I have been accepted from the university and I am trying to catch the deadline of the first payment which is in one month and a half!

How do students usually act in these cases?

Thank you very much for your time!!

😊
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Thank you so much for your valuable information!! How long does it usually take to respond to an application?

I am asking because I have been accepted from the university and I am trying to catch the deadline of the first payment which is in one month and a half!

How do students usually act in these cases?

Thank you very much for your time!!

😊
    Hi Papathanasiou,

You're very welcome.

When does your course start?

Thanks again,

John.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Papathanasiou,

You're very welcome.

When does your course start?

Thanks again,

John.
    It starts September 2018!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    It starts September 2018!
    Hi Papathanasiou,

With Student Finance, your first payment is usually scheduled for around the date you start your course. I'd recommend contacting the university to discuss arranging payments for when your student loan is ready. It's unusual they'd expect your first payment so early.

Kind regards,

John.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Papathanasiou,

With Student Finance, your first payment is usually scheduled for around the date you start your course. I'd recommend contacting the university to discuss arranging payments for when your student loan is ready. It's unusual they'd expect your first payment so early.

Kind regards,

John.
    That's what I thought, too!

I'll definitely contact to sort it out!

Thank you very much for everything!

Lastly, I would like to ask you if student finance is something that is totally usual and recommended , because I have second thoughts about the rates during the repayment period.

For example if I take a loan of 10.000£ is it possible to end up with a dept of 15.000£?

Kind regards,
    Angeliki Papathanasiou
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    That's what I thought, too!

I'll definitely contact to sort it out!

Thank you very much for everything!

Lastly, I would like to ask you if student finance is something that is totally usual and recommended , because I have second thoughts about the rates during the repayment period.

For example if I take a loan of 10.000£ is it possible to end up with a dept of 15.000£?

Kind regards,
    Angeliki Papathanasiou
    Hi Angeliki,

You're very welcome.

Taking out a student loan to help fund your studies is very popular, in fact, I'm sure if you have a look around The Student Room, you'll find people asking a similar question and you may find some helpful information. There is interest on the loan so the balance can increase over time. I wouldn't want to advise on if you should take one out or not, I'd possibly recommend getting some independent financial advice if you have concerns about the repayments, they'd be in a better position to give you advice on that.

Best wishes,

John.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Angeliki,

You're very welcome.

Taking out a student loan to help fund your studies is very popular, in fact, I'm sure if you have a look around The Student Room, you'll find people asking a similar question and you may find some helpful information. There is interest on the loan so the balance can increase over time. I wouldn't want to advise on if you should take one out or not, I'd possibly recommend getting some independent financial advice if you have concerns about the repayments, they'd be in a better position to give you advice on that.

Best wishes,

John.
    You are right!

Thank you so so much for your help and immediate response!!

Have a wonderful day ahead!!

Best wishes,
    Angeliki Papathanasiou
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    You are right!

Thank you so so much for your help and immediate response!!

Have a wonderful day ahead!!

Best wishes,
    Angeliki Papathanasiou
    You're very welcome and best of luck with your studies!

Best wishes,

John.

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.