Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have moderate acne, uneven skin tone, combination skin that is super sensitive, basically the worst skin you could ask for...

I’m just using the Body Shop tea tree face wash but think thats a little too harsh for my skin and doesnt seem to be helping my skin at all. I’m also using a simple moisturiser which im sure is making my skin even dryer?!!

Can you guys just let me know what skin care products you have seen results from if you share any of my skin issues? Thank you! xx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Skin care is so different for everyone but I do have a recommendation. I have combination skin so it’s always been a nightmare for me. But for the last 18 months or so, I’ve been using Bioré baking soda face wash. It’s brilliant. It isn’t harsh at all and has completely cleared my skin up without drying it out. I don’t use moisturiser but the Mario Badescu seaweed cleansing toner is great for my skin.

If you wear make up, I seriously recommend Estée Lauder double wear foundation. It’s oil free and anti-acnegenic. It has lovely coverage, lasts all day and doesn’t cause breakouts whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    amazing thanks so much will defo look into that x

ReputationRep:
    It may be very costly but it does wonders in the long term with consistent use so you could really benefit from a curated Korean skin care kit designed for your unique skin issues. For instance I have had uneven skin-tone since the age of 13 but after using the Korean skincare product (Mela Defense White Capsule essence) my skin has definitely evened out a lot (Now I'm 17 yrs old) and I have that subtle glow due to the additional serums (e.g.Purifying White Waterfall Serum) that I use as part of my Korean Skin Care regime.If you haven't heard of it before the website is called Peach & Lilly and you're bound to find something for one or more of your skin concerns. Mind you the prices are on the expensive side but I'm not assuming that you wear makeup but the benefits of these expensive products will definitely outweigh the amount let's say that you may have spent a lot on makeup for. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    wow that sounds amazing, ill go have a look now thankssss!!! x

ReputationRep:
    Hi lovely, if you have combination skin you should try The Body Shop's seaweed range instead as the tea tree is purely for oily skin. Only try 1 new product at a time so you can see how it reacts to your skin X

ReputationRep:
    I strongly recommend Simple's products (particularly the foaming facial wash and enriched moisturizer):
    http://www.simple.co.uk/our-products

When you have acne, you want to avoid products which are perfumed, contain lots of alcohol or which are overly drying. All of these aspects are rife in many skincare products, however they also aggravate skin and worsen acne (which is very ironic as a lot of products claiming to cure/lesson acne are often guilty of these aspects).

Acne is a hormonal condition whose causes originate deep within the body. Applying very harsh products will not cure the underlying causes (and can actually make it much worse). When you have acne, you obviously need to keep your skin very clean, however, you need to do this in a very kind to your skin way. You should moisturize your skin (including spotty/greasy area's!) at least twice daily with a non-oil/alcohol/perfume infused moisturizer (preferably one enriched with a strong natural anti-oxident like Vitamin E) and use kind skin care products which do not damage the skin (so avoid facial scrubs).

Keeping the skin lightly moisturized with a light skin-loving vitamin enriched moisturizer will help prevent sebum from oxidizing, hardening and blocking up your pores as it reaches the surface. The more efficiently pores can empty themselves, the less spots you will get (and any which do form will reduce in size much more quickly).

Even when drying your face, you should blot rather than rub the skin dry. Minimalizing bacterial growth by not physically aggravating or contaminating the skin in any way is key.

Other tips:

1. Diet: Reducing consumption of sugar, dairy (particularly lactose heavy dairy products, like fresh cream & milk) and refined carbohydrates (basically sugars in general), while increasing consumption of green vegetables etc, will reduce your bodies output of hormones which increase sebum/oil production in the skin (the excess production of which is cause of the acne).
    A good diet will effectively help reduce your acne on a fundamental level from within (reducing the potency of the hormonal cocktail whose effects have brought about the acne).

2. Place a hand towel on your pillow when you sleep and replace the towel with a freshly cleaned one each and every day. Pillows accumulate a remarkable amount of facial oil, dirt & skin bacteria (and direct contact with all this will worsen skin problems). Likewise, ensure that your facial drying cloth is regularly washed.

3. Never touch spots with hands that have not recently been washed (and avoid touching spots in general). Make sure that your hair does not cover any spots. Hands are covered in bacteria (and hair cover increases the warmth and greasiness of skin). If wearing makeup, avoid heavy liquid foundations (bad for blocking pores) and ensure that any makeup worn, is worn for no longer than absolutely needed (washing your makeup off should be one of the first things you do after coming home). In fact the less makeup you wear, the better (not simply because many makeup products block pores, but because many of the products used to effectively remove makeup are also aggravating to spotty skin).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reginafalange100)
    I have moderate acne, uneven skin tone, combination skin that is super sensitive, basically the worst skin you could ask for...

I’m just using the Body Shop tea tree face wash but think thats a little too harsh for my skin and doesnt seem to be helping my skin at all. I’m also using a simple moisturiser which im sure is making my skin even dryer?!!

Can you guys just let me know what skin care products you have seen results from if you share any of my skin issues? Thank you! xx
    I have combination and very sensitive skin. Although every skin is very different and you may have different dietary requirements, like sugary products sometimes tend to make skin drier as well I have been told, but I can tell you what products I have been referred to?

A dermatologist recommended the La Roche Possay line and having used it for about 4 months now, I can say I am really happy with the results. Their foaming face wash is very mild and you have to apply the cream religiously after morning/evening facewash, but I really like it.

However a friend of mine has tried it and she thought that she had bumps on her skins after so she stopped apparently. So be careful if it suits you, but seems to work well for me.

ReputationRep:
    If you wear make up, experts recommend NOT using primer and/or bb/cc cream and just using foundation.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.