The Student Room Group

Don’t know what to do?

Feel confused did very anxious posting this. I haven’t told a single person in the world about this but I feel like it’s all Ive been thinking about for months.
I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost 3 years. I became close with someone else and we became friends around 8 months ago, he was my only friend apart from my boyfriend and I felt really happy around him.
After a while it was clear to others and then to me that he had feelings for me. For some reason I ignored it and continued being friends with him because I enjoyed his company and after a while I began to think I had feelings for him. I didn’t know what to do, I thought I loved my boyfriend and I wasn’t sure if I loved this person or maybe just the attention he gave me?
I became distant with my boyfriend. He realised something was up and asked me if was going to leave him. I said no because I was scared and didn’t want the change. I was thinking of leaving him due to this other person but I panicked at the thought of all the change. I’ve been with him for so long and our lives are like one, I don’t know how I could function without it really. I’m at his house all the time, etc.
I told the person I had feelings for them and they told me they feel the same.
But about a week later they have a new girlfriend so I just tried to focus on my boyfriend. This all happened a while ago but I still think about the guy everyday. Everytime I see him it makes me sad. Everytime he mentions his girlfriend I feel sad.
I’m trying to make things work with my boyfriend because He loves me and we’ve been together for a while and I want it to work but I feel like such a bad person for what I’ve done. How do I get over it and properly focus on my boyfriend?
Mate just because you’ve been with him for a while doesn’t mean it’s going to work. If youre not happy in the relationship then break up, regardless of whether there’s someone else on the scene. Give up on the other guy, he clearly doesn’t like you if he’s got a gf. Stay with your boyfriend if you’re sure you love him but you were going to break up with him before so what changed?
Reply 2
Original post by RantingWhovian
Mate just because you’ve been with him for a while doesn’t mean it’s going to work. If youre not happy in the relationship then break up, regardless of whether there’s someone else on the scene. Give up on the other guy, he clearly doesn’t like you if he’s got a gf. Stay with your boyfriend if you’re sure you love him but you were going to break up with him before so what changed?

I was only going to break up with him cause of the other guy. I really feel like I love him but he’s got a girlfriend now and I don’t want to ruin his relationship or ruin what I have with my boyfriend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending