The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Always waiting for TMAs

I’ve been repeatedly fobbed off by a tutor, who constantly goes on about how busy they are so doesn’t have time to mark our work. One of them was almost two weeks AFTER the return day was due. I’ve reported them and will hopefully be allocated a new one. It has reached a point of resentment. The constant excuses and flippant attitude has got to me. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Katasstrophy
I’ve been repeatedly fobbed off by a tutor, who constantly goes on about how busy they are so doesn’t have time to mark our work. One of them was almost two weeks AFTER the return day was due. I’ve reported them and will hopefully be allocated a new one. It has reached a point of resentment. The constant excuses and flippant attitude has got to me. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this?

Hey, I'm sorry this has happened. Some tutors can be a little difficult. If you've put in a complaint, then hopefully the OU will assign you a new one and contact the tutor in question. You could also contact student support about it and get some advice/help.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Do you mind if I ask what course you are doing?

I have only had pleasant experiences with my AA100 tutors so far. I can imagine how frustrating it must be, remember that you are paying a lot of money for your degree. If you think that you are not getting the most out of your study, definitely contact the student support services and see if you can have a new allocation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending