Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I've always been fine with A Levels up until this stage (4 months into year 13) and now I've just received my mocks back (B in Chemistry, B in Biology and C in Media) and I'm realising that I really need to step it up if I'm gonna achieve AAA. No more procrastinating, no more wasting time binge-watching the new Netflix series, which I would have never watched if I had no work to do.

I've started small by making mind maps of the best ways to revise for my subjects. The ideas include questions by topic, re-reading textbooks, doing past papers, flash cards etc.

In the next few weeks, I'll see how that goes and I'll update you when there's more 👍🏿

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danieldzimega)
    Hey guys,

I've always been fine with A Levels up until this stage (4 months into year 13) and now I've just received my mocks back (B in Chemistry, B in Biology and C in Media) and I'm realising that I really need to step it up if I'm gonna achieve AAA. No more procrastinating, no more wasting time binge-watching the new Netflix series, which I would have never watched if I had no work to do.

I've started small by making mind maps of the best ways to revise for my subjects. The ideas include questions by topic, re-reading textbooks, doing past papers, flash cards etc.

In the next few weeks, I'll see how that goes and I'll update you when there's more 👍🏿
    I love making mind-maps I find them so useful :yep: What's your favourite subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    I love making mind-maps I find them so useful :yep: What's your favourite subject?
    Some days I like learning Biology and others I enjoy seeing how all the concepts in chemistry come together nicely in exam questions

ReputationRep:
    Entry no.2

Happy Wednesday everyone,

Since my last post, I had a really good interview for medicine at Newcastle University so hopefully, I will hear from them soon. There was something about that interview that made me calm unlike the interview I did for Brighton and Sussex last month which was terrible and led to no offer .

Chemistry
    - I've had a chance to look back over the paper for the mocks and I've seen how I made some really silly errors and now I know what to improve on from most topics
    - I'm just starting new flash cards for the A2 modules of the course to be able to keep the topics fresh whilst finishing up the learning

Biology
    - I have a test coming up on Respiration and Photosynthesis which I have already made notes and flash cards for so I'll just go through some past paper questions before then (Friday)
    - I'm almost finished with my notes for the A2 modules so I can start revising those and doing past papers

Media
    - The coursework deadline is in about 5 weeks and I have not produced a single thing towards my final product but I reckon I'm still on track
    - I got the media mock back and I was a few marks away from an A so I'm going to create powerpoints and mind maps on my area of study (the representation of women in media) and also the theories surrounding it to help me create better analytical essays

Other Stuff
    - I learnt a few new songs on piano like Godspeed and Moon River by Frank Ocean

Still waiting for offers from Exeter and Newcastle, fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    Entry no.3

Happy Sunday people,

Since last Wednesday, I've had 3 days off school due to the snow which led to me creating powerpoints for all the A2 modules of chemistry and the A2 biology modules I have studied as well as starting media theories assessments and individually in my subjects:

Chemistry
    I've started doing past papers for the whole course from the old spec and different exams boards as I managed to teach myself all I need to know for the exam, now I just need to strengthen it 💪🏿

Biology
    Biology is getting really long to learn as there's so much content but I'm slowly breaking it down and learning to be able to improve my grade in time for June

Media
    My media coursework, though due on March 28th, is definitely on track now to be completed so there is less stress from that aspect

It's March now so March Medicine Madness begins

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.