Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I just got allocated here after making an open application. I applied in a rush and because I didn't have enough time to research, I didn't choose a college. I've been allocated to Collingwood and haven't seen anyone on TSR saying they have too, so I decided to make a thread. Just wanted to ask, what's it like? Anyone else allocated here? What subjects are you studying? What course at Durham? Where are you from? Was Collingwood your first choice?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

ReputationRep:
    I've just been allocated Collingwood! Studying law and Durham was my first choice, and so was Collingwood. It's a less formal college, although they do have black tie events a few times a term. All of it just seemed perfect to me. The facilities are brilliant and their bar is great too, so I've heard.

ReputationRep:
    Wow me too! I want to study law at Durham as my first choice, hopefully to start in October. Nice to know we study the same subject and are in the same accommodation. Did you go to the offer holders day yesterday?
    PS I don't drink so I'm a bit worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilhand123)
    Wow me too! I want to study law at Durham as my first choice, hopefully to start in October. Nice to know we study the same subject and are in the same accommodation. Did you go to the offer holders day yesterday?
    PS I don't drink so I'm a bit worried
    Ahahaha don't be The bar's just a place to hang, you don't necessarily need to drink. I'm an international student (Indian from Dubai, UAE) so I haven't been able to attend the offer holder's day.

ReputationRep:
    hi i too have been alloted Collingwood! studying PPE and yes Collingwood was my choice... however i am not too sure about Durham as i am confused between Durham and ucl... still waiting to hear from UCL Btw i too am an Indian based in India.. 😊

ReputationRep:
    I went to Collingwood and loved it. Was a few years ago. Great facilities, great atmosphere, great sports teams, great bar, great for science site. I wonder if the JCR still does takeaway pizzas...

ReputationRep:
    Just been allocated to Collingwood starting 2018 I didn’t specify a college either because I didn’t know much about them but from what I’ve read it’s fair decent. Studying Primary Education.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I have also been allocated Collingwood College and I am studying primary education!

ReputationRep:
    Is there a collingwood group chat?

ReputationRep:
    Rip guys. Collingwood is a shithole. Can't wait to get out of this place and into my private rented house in second year.

ReputationRep:
    Collingwood is great. I just graduated from it. The staff are absolutely lovely, especially Grant Slater, the Senior Tutor who will help you with anything you need academically.

The facilities are better than any other Durham College with by far the biggest gym of any college, the best bar and also a 200 seat theatre. Getting involved in sports is something most Collingwood students do. There is something for everyone. I played Basketball and Volleyball for college and have some of my fondest memories from there.

Collingwood has the best informal-formals, basically huge parties every three weeks or so that hundreds of CW students attend and the College grounds turn into a nightclub.

Overall you are very luck to be allocated here

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.