Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Macbeth watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi , I am really stuck on my homework as I am having trouble understanding why Macduff is significant in the play and Shakespeare present him in Act 4 Scene 3 I just don’t understand and can’t get my words on the page please could someone explain it to me xxx
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I don’t know what happens in each act so I can’t help you with act 4 scene 3 but I know that Macduff is significant because he kills Macbeth. So if you have an exam question on Macduff or something then you can talk about the next three predictions of the witches when Macbeth seeks out for them and you can talk about how they said “beware Macduff” or something like that and “no woman born” can kill Macbeth or something like that. You can say that the witches are being vague about what they’re saying because they want to get rid of Macbeth as Macduff was born through c-section so he can kill Macbeth. Also, you can talk about how he protects Malcolm since he’s next to throne by divine right and Macduff follows King Duncan’s orders because he feels obligated to follow him. You may mention that Macbeth gets Macduff’s family killed which angers him to kill Macbeth when the wood moves (another prediction). Hopefully, I managed to help you somehow 😅 I just remembered that you can say that he was chosen by God to kill Macbeth and get into how he represents the importance of religion to Shakespearean audience.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 7, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.