The Student Room Group

Smart box

Newbie on here
Right so I’m 21 and I’ve been driving for just under a year, I’ve set my estimated annual mileage for 5000 miles, I’ve lost track of the amount of miles I’ve used and I’m not sure how many I’ve used, so I rang my insurance company (coop young drivers) and asked if they can give me the mileage I’ve used so if it’s getting low I can buy some more, however I dude on the other end informed me that they can’t monitor the amount of miles I’m using, can this be true or is it a little lie and try to catch me out and charge me for going over on my mileage? (I have a smart box by the way) Help anyone???
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
do u have a black box?
Reply 2
Original post by mizmiz1
do u have a black box?

Yes I do, forgot to mention it
Reply 3
Original post by Diamonddude
Yes I do, forgot to mention it

you can defo track how much milage ur using i got the same
Reply 4
Original post by mizmiz1
you can defo track how much milage ur using i got the same

I don’t plan on sneaking a few hundred miles Cuz I want to do things legitamitly but wouldn’t they be liable for stating that they can’t track the amount of miles I’ve done but they can?
Reply 5
I don’t plan on sneaking a few hundred miles Cuz I want to do things legitamitly but wouldn’t they be liable for stating that they can’t track the amount of miles I’ve done but they can?

call up again, the dude obviously got something wrong.
Do u have a account with them? cuz usually it would be shown on there.
Reply 6
Original post by mizmiz1
call up again, the dude obviously got something wrong.
Do u have a account with them? cuz usually it would be shown on there.

Yhhh I plan on ringing them tomorrow, yhh I thought it sounded abit suspect because if they can’t track the mileage then what’s the point in stating the amount of miles you’ll do in a year, and yhh I’ve got an account, but on the driving dashboard it only shows my driving scores (speed,accelerating/braking, cornering etc)
Reply 7
Yhhh I plan on ringing them tomorrow, yhh I thought it sounded abit suspect because if they can’t track the mileage then what’s the point in stating the amount of miles you’ll do in a year, and yhh I’ve got an account, but on the driving dashboard it only shows my driving scores (speed,accelerating/braking, cornering etc)

hopefully you wont get the same guy on phone again. you got a good point there
it should tell you of the millages though because thats kind off the whole point of having a box.

[scroll]:auto:[/scroll]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending