Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello :-)
    Has anyone else received an interview date for adult nursing at Sheffield Hallam for masters? Or already had their interview to give advice on what to expect?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Studentuser11)
    Has anyone else received an interview date for adult nursing at Sheffield Hallam for masters? Or already had their interview to give advice on what to expect?
    Hey,

First of all ... congrats on receiving an interview for the course! Although I don't study adult nursing, I'm a third year at Sheffield Hallam, so I'd be happy to help if you had any other general queries about the university or city.

That being said, I have found a website that gives some details about what to expect at the selection event. You can view this here.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Anna
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Studentuser11)
    Hey!

Though I haven't got any experience of the course or the interview, there's a helpful page here that tells you about the selection day, what to prepare and what to expect. They discuss recruiting "to the values and behaviours outlined in the NHS constitution", and say they're looking for you to:

• "to be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of NHS values
    • to show a well-developed, clear and realistic understanding of the profession, contemporary healthcare issues, and an awareness of what being an AHP professional means and have excellent leadership potential
    • to demonstrate initiative and be creative in your approach when working collaboratively with a diverse range of people
    • to show an understanding of the format of the course. This includes the demand and resilience required to successfully combine academic study with clinical placements
    • to demonstrate awareness of placement commitments, which includes willingness to travel and work flexible shift patterns, throughout 24 hours, and seven days a week"

This implies they'll be asking questions to find out about your knowledge of the course and working in the NHS, your values and how they align with those of the NHS, and your motivation for studying this course and working as a nurse.

Check out the page for more information!

Ellie

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.