Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have my assessment day in a few hours & cant sleep as I’m so nervous!
    It’s the 2min presentation I’m worrying about😔
    If you’ve already had your assessment day, please could you give me advice/tips/answers? I’d be forever grateful & really appreciate it.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by KeeleyLouise87)
    If you’ve already had your assessment day, please could you give me advice/tips/answers? I’d be forever grateful & really appreciate it.
    Not experienced this specifically but my advice with presentations is to come across as comfortable being in that environment. I slightly disagree with people who advise to act confident, because this is quite vague and can come across the wrong way. Behaving as though you're comfortable in that environment gives the best impression in my view. Appearing relaxed helps with that too, at the end of the day you'll come away from still haven't lost anything if that happens, so just give it your best shot and see what happens.

Best of luck.:thumbsup:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Not experienced this specifically but my advice with presentations is to come across as comfortable being in that environment. I slightly disagree with people who advise to act confident, because this is quite vague and can come across the wrong way. Behaving as though you're comfortable in that environment gives the best impression in my view. Appearing relaxed helps with that too, at the end of the day you'll come away from still haven't lost anything if that happens, so just give it your best shot and see what happens.

Best of luck.:thumbsup:
    Thank you!!! 😊

ReputationRep:
    Hope it went well for you.

Do you mind messaging me a bit about your experience and what to expect?

ReputationRep:
    Me too would love to hear. I have mine on Thursday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wildmchugh)
    Me too would love to hear. I have mine on Thursday
    Let me know how you get on. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amf22)
    Let me know how you get on. Good luck
    Cheers man how was yours?

ReputationRep:
    Mines is next week.

ReputationRep:
    How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amf22)
    How did it go?
    All good and fun but I totally ****ed my 2 mins presentation up and lost it. Was a nervous wreck and didt make it

ReputationRep:
    All good and fun but I totally ****ed my 2 mins presentation up and lost it. Was a nervous wreck and didt make it
    Aw no there’s always next year! do you mind telling me about what you were asked and how the day went?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amf22)
    Aw no there’s always next year! do you mind telling me about what you were asked and how the day went?
    I will pm you

ReputationRep:
    I will pm you
    Know your 2 min sales pitch and be confident. Add a introduction just like a welcome meeting would be, Talk to everyone. U will be asked to introduce yourself to everyone and just be yourself. There is a group task so just get involved and share your thoughts don't sit back and relax. It's a fun day and great team.

Let me know how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    Help me I have my assessment day tomorrow and I am really struggling with what to do for my presentation about my experience, my personality and my skills

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiecaitlin2332)
    Help me I have my assessment day tomorrow and I am really struggling with what to do for my presentation about my experience, my personality and my skills
    Sorry how u get on?

ReputationRep:
    Have an assessment day coming up Next Friday, if anyone could please give me any hints on the display of the presentation (word document, PowerPoint?) and how to get into it would be very much appreciated, thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KeeleyLouise87)
    Hey I have my tui assessment tomorrow can you shed any light on the situation would really appreciated it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.