Turn on thread page Beta

A Perpetual Student - 3rd year of Sixth Form (Year 13 GYG) watch

ReputationRep:
    After spending 3 years to complete my A-levels I have learned a lot about myself.

• I am not as big a failure as I thought I was
    • How important sleep is (VERY)
    • I have the ability to bounce back and do better
    • I actually have social skills, this one shocked me, I somehow made some amazing friends in my new year
    • I want to be a Nurse (totally unexpected but so excited)

I could go on... but for the sake of everyone’s sanity, I won’t.

So I am currently in Year 13 studying English Literature, Health and Social Care (Single) and Biology. Last year I also studied Chemistry - not my best move hence it is no longer in my list of studies. But no AS level could have gone as bad as my first year... Maths, I have never disliked a subject more.

My results in chronological order:

2016 (AS)

Maths - dropped before exams
    Chemistry - U
    Biology- D
    English Literature - C
    (Not well enough to continue onto Year 13 - back to the start again)

2017 (AS)

Chemistry - E (slight improvement - I was happy enough - but more happy to drop it)
    Biology - B
    English Literature - B
    Health and Social Care - A
    (I finally made it - I could move on to year 13)

Results night for 2017 was a good night, celebrating my huge improvement in grades and also celebrating the success of some of my best friends who are now at Uni.

My predicted grades for this year are:

Biology - B
    English Literature - B

UNI APPLICATION FOR ADULT NURSING HAS BEEN SENT OFF - AND I WENT TO 3 INTERVIEWS - I HAVE RECEIVED 3 CONDITIONAL OFFERS

UEA - BBB (Firm)
    University of Lincoln - BBC (Insurance)
    Edge Hill - BBC (Declined)

University of Nottingham - Withdrew my Application
    University of York - Withdrew my Application

So that’s the basics of my two and a bit years of Sixth Form so far... now any future updates may make some sort of sense..

Speak soon - Meg x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megan1411)
    After spending 3 years to complete my A-levels I have learned a lot about myself.

• I actually have social skills, this one shocked me, I somehow made some amazing friends in my new year

So I am currently in Year 13 studying English Literature, Health and Social Care (Single) and Biology. Last year I also studied Chemistry - not my best move hence it is no longer in my list of studies. But no AS level could have gone as bad as my first year... Maths, I have never disliked a subject more.

2016 (AS)

Chemistry - U
    Biology- D
    English Literature - C

2017 (AS)

Chemistry - E (slight improvement - I was happy enough - but more happy to drop it)
    Biology - B
    English Literature - B

Results night for 2017 was a good night, celebrating my huge improvement in grades and also celebrating the success of some of my best friends who are now at Uni.

Biology - B
    English Literature - B

UNI APPLICATION FOR ADULT NURSING HAS BEEN SENT OFF - AND I WENT TO 3 INTERVIEWS - I HAVE RECEIVED 3 CONDITIONAL OFFERS

UEA - BBB (Firm)

So that’s the basics of my two and a bit years of Sixth Form so far... now any future updates may make some sort of sense..

Speak soon - Meg x
    Congrats on your uni offers! Hope you get to go to UEA - I went to the campus to visit a friend and it seemed like a really nice uni :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Congrats on your uni offers! Hope you get to go to UEA - I went to the campus to visit a friend and it seemed like a really nice uni :yep:
    Aw thank you! Yeah I’m hoping I do get in, it was a tough choice between UEA and Lincoln 😁
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep

2016 (AS)

Chemistry - U
    Biology- D
    English Literature - C

2017 (AS)

Biology - B
    English Literature - B

Biology - B
    English Literature - B

UEA - BBB (Firm)

Speak soon - Meg x
    Congrats on your offer from UEA Megan1411!:clap2:

Good luck in your studies -I'm sure you'll smash it!

If you have any questions on UEA before September, feel free to send me a message

- Laura, UEA Official Rep

ReputationRep:
    AHH this is actually really motivating to read since I'm in a similar position.... I took Biology (A) ,Economics (A) and Maths (U) +EPQ (A*) in 2016/17 (maths being the only AS Maths exam with the other the new linear spec) , had to retake the year so am approaching my exams for the end of year 12 again. Hopefully I can follow in your steps of getting through the third year !!! Good Luck + Congrats

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indyyyy)
    AHH this is actually really motivating to read since I'm in a similar position.... I took Biology (A) ,Economics (A) and Maths (U) +EPQ (A*) in 2016/17 (maths being the only AS Maths exam with the other the new linear spec) , had to retake the year so am approaching my exams for the end of year 12 again. Hopefully I can follow in your steps of getting through the third year !!! Good Luck + Congrats
    Ah thank you!! And thank you for reading it, honestly didn't think anyone would... Your grades are amazing!! Maths is literally the worst the only bit I understood was mechanics... are you doing maths again? I'm sure you'll smash it this year! Good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    Currently sat in the study waiting for the school day to end, last day before half term and I am so ready for a break, much like the rest of the student population I'm sure. And I decided that I should probably sort out some kind of plan for the next week but I doubt that I will, procrastination is my nemesis at the moment. I'm pretty sure that all my teachers today have told us to relax but get some revision in... so a plan is needed or I will go into pure relax mode - almost guaranteed. Hope everyone has a good weekend, off for Nando's tonight, so excited

ReputationRep:
    So half term has been and gone with a blink of an eye and I genuinely did little to no school work, so that was a waste of a week and I’m paying for it now with a lot of catching up. And on top of all this work I have become hooked on Once upon a time, not a good mix when it comes to the lead up to exams 😂 However I’m trying to knuckle down as we all got our mock timetables on Monday and I honestly think that the school have something against us, I have six mocks over 5 days and the stress is already getting to me, arghh. I’m on holiday countdown now til April🏖 only 46 days 🎉 in terms of my work load at the minute I have what seems like endless amounts of coursework to complete on a laptop which has decided to break when I am relying on it most, apparently a working battery is not needed and that a small mortgage is required for a new battery... fabulous. I am hoping I can scrape it through til the end of the year. I’m creating a timetable for my revision in the lead up to my mocks, absolutely dreading it, but I’m hoping that it will be the kick up the bum I need to get on with revision.
    Hope everyone who is on half term this week has a fab time, speak soon! Meg x

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank you!! And thank you for reading it, honestly didn't think anyone would... Your grades are amazing!! Maths is literally the worst the only bit I understood was mechanics... are you doing maths again? I'm sure you'll smash it this year! Good luck!!!
    Noo I swapped maths for chemistry (which i'm really enjoying atm), so Bio,Chem,Econ just sweating up for my May exams then I'll probably spend my summer doing next years content ahah

ReputationRep:
    Long time since I last updated, coursework has been crazy the past few weeks. Revision is really kicking in now and I am heading to the Snap Revise seminars this weekend, I’m hoping that it is worth the crazy early starts and long journeys. The plans are to finish course work off for next week and then to focus fully on revision! Only one month left of school now, I cannot wait for the exams to all be over, not long now at all🙌🏻

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.