Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Alcoholics Anonymous Teesside University/Middlesbrough watch

Announcements

I'm a teesside uni student and I've come to terms with the fact that I'm an alcoholic, and I want to stop, for the better of myself and the people around me. I've done some googling, and I can't find any kind of help centre that wouldn't require me to take a bus or train, and even the ones I've found, I'm not sure if they're free. Does anyone know a good (and preferably not too expensive) way to seek help for this, either provided by the uni or at least in the surrounding area.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a teesside uni student and I've come to terms with the fact that I'm an alcoholic, and I want to stop, for the better of myself and the people around me. I've done some googling, and I can't find any kind of help centre that wouldn't require me to take a bus or train, and even the ones I've found, I'm not sure if they're free. Does anyone know a good (and preferably not too expensive) way to seek help for this, either provided by the uni or at least in the surrounding area.
    Best way to find out would probably be to talk to your uni and GP about it and see what they can offer or advise.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Definitely worth speaking to your GP and uni support services. There may be some support that the university can provide, and your doctor will be able to advise you of any services you can refer yourself to or refer you to one

ReputationRep:

You could have also given yourself karkoff syndrome - google it - High dose Vitamin B1 needed

ReputationRep:
    Hello there,

We are a drug and alcohol service in Middlesbrough and we work with students and their drug or alcohol problems. There are so many AA meetings in Middlesbrough, there's even a young adult/student AA meeting in Newcastle. If you want to send a private message we can help. We are very local and we can even travel to you on campus for a chat.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, have you managed to get any help or support? We are here if you need it just send us a private message.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 13, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.