Turn on thread page Beta

Eurovision 2018 (!!!) watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

EUROVISION 2018 is coming... I cannot wait!!!. :excited:

SuRie won Eurovision: You Decide and will represent the UK at the Eurovision final in Lisbon. Tbh I am surprised and a little disappointed, Asanda's song was much better. With a revamp and good staging, who knows.... but I think this is right side of the scoreboard territory.

Dez IKEAPanda37 New thread...
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    :excited:

ReputationRep:
    YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSS EUROVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

I was really disappointed bc I also wanted Legends to win and voted for her
    I must admit that Storm sounded much better live but I don't see it doing well at Lisbon at all.....
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSS EUROVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

I was really disappointed bc I also wanted Legends to win and voted for her
    I must admit that Storm sounded much better live but I don't see it doing well at Lisbon at all.....
    I actually voted for Crazy cos it was the best live - I hope we get to see the voting breakdown, I bet it was the judges that landed us with SuRie. :grumble:
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    I actually voted for Storm cos it was the best live - I hope we get to see the voting breakdown, I bet it was the judges that landed us with SuRie. :grumble:
    But you voted for SuRie? I'm a bit confused

I thought it was the best on the night and deserved to win. I don't think it has much chance of winning the real thing but may come mid-table. Asanda's vocals weren't strong enough to do well IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I actually voted for Storm cos it was the best live - I hope we get to see the voting breakdown, I bet it was the judges that landed us with SuRie. :grumble:
    The BBC never seem willing to release the voting
    So I'm sure it was
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Notnek)
    But you voted for SuRie? I'm a bit confused

I thought it was the best on the night and deserved to win. I don't think it has much chance of winning but may come mid-table. Asanda's vocals weren't strong enough to do well IMO.
    Oh no, that was a typo..... I voted for Crazy (idk why it got so much hate, it was clearly the best!!)
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Oh no, that was a typo..... I voted for Crazy (idk why it got so much hate, it was clearly the best!!)
    That makes more sense Crazy would have been my second choice and her performance was miles better than SuRie.

Hopefully SuRie's performance will be much stronger in the real thing.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I thought France's was over hyped at first but it is growing on me. :eek:
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I really hate this song because it's just so happy and annoyingly catchy, but for that reason it will probably do well at Eurovision.

Lol at the UK being 20/1 to win though :rofl:
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by UWS)
    I really hate this song because it's just so happy and annoyingly catchy, but for that reason it will probably do well at Eurovision.

Lol at the UK being 20/1 to win though :rofl:
    Actually the combined odds aren't looking great currently for the UK. It will change over the next few months so maybe the UK will move up.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Notnek)
    Actually the combined odds aren't looking great currently for the UK. It will change over the next few months so maybe the UK will move up.
    Blimey what did Switzerland do to annoy the bookies so much?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Dez)
    Blimey what did Switzerland do to annoy the bookies so much?
    No idea, but I've never quite gotten over the Lovebugs not making the final in 2009. :emo:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The first of Saara Aalto's Eurovision entries has been released - have to say, I'm not that into it despite the hype. Hope the other two are better.

• Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    I've listened to the Czech entry, and I like it.

ReputationRep:
    Wasn’t Italy supposed to be favourite last year, and that went well for them didn’t it. To be honest I didn’t like last years winner. My favourite 2017 entry was Moldova. I haven’t heard any songs from this year.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Andrew97)
    Wasn’t Italy supposed to be favourite last year, and that went well for them didn’t it. To be honest I didn’t like last years winner. My favourite 2017 entry was Moldova. I haven’t heard any songs from this year.
    I liked Moldova last year.:yep:

Portugal last year wasn't a classic Eurovision song though.:nah: It took a lot of people (certainly me) by surprised.

ReputationRep:
    Personally my fave entry for this yr is Italy so far
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I thought France's was over hyped at first but it is growing on me. :eek:
    ditto :gasp:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    please Gimme Eurovision.!! :woo: wonders if our obsession with the weather is making us loose each year?

UK 2016 = I feel like 'm dancing in the sky
    UK Eurovision 2017 = together we'll dance through this storm
    UK Eurovision 2018 = Storms don’t last forever, forever, remember

Continues to watch the 1997 voting on youtube without feeling guilty, (like one does every year)

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.