Eurovision 2018 (!!!)

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Snufkin
Badges: 21
Report Thread starter 2 years ago

EUROVISION 2018 is coming... I cannot wait!!!. :excited:

SuRie won Eurovision: You Decide and will represent the UK at the Eurovision final in Lisbon. Tbh I am surprised and a little disappointed, Asanda's song was much better. With a revamp and good staging, who knows.... but I think this is right side of the scoreboard territory.

Dez IKEAPanda37 New thread...
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
:excited:
username2571271
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSS EUROVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

I was really disappointed bc I also wanted Legends to win and voted for her
I must admit that Storm sounded much better live but I don't see it doing well at Lisbon at all.....
Snufkin
(Original post by IKEAPanda37)
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSS EUROVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

I was really disappointed bc I also wanted Legends to win and voted for her
I must admit that Storm sounded much better live but I don't see it doing well at Lisbon at all.....
I actually voted for Crazy cos it was the best live - I hope we get to see the voting breakdown, I bet it was the judges that landed us with SuRie. :grumble:
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Snufkin)
I actually voted for Storm cos it was the best live - I hope we get to see the voting breakdown, I bet it was the judges that landed us with SuRie. :grumble:
But you voted for SuRie? I'm a bit confused

I thought it was the best on the night and deserved to win. I don't think it has much chance of winning the real thing but may come mid-table. Asanda's vocals weren't strong enough to do well IMO.
username2571271
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I actually voted for Storm cos it was the best live - I hope we get to see the voting breakdown, I bet it was the judges that landed us with SuRie. :grumble:
The BBC never seem willing to release the voting
So I'm sure it was
Snufkin
(Original post by Notnek)
But you voted for SuRie? I'm a bit confused

I thought it was the best on the night and deserved to win. I don't think it has much chance of winning but may come mid-table. Asanda's vocals weren't strong enough to do well IMO.
Oh no, that was a typo..... I voted for Crazy (idk why it got so much hate, it was clearly the best!!)
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh no, that was a typo..... I voted for Crazy (idk why it got so much hate, it was clearly the best!!)
That makes more sense Crazy would have been my second choice and her performance was miles better than SuRie.

Hopefully SuRie's performance will be much stronger in the real thing.
Snufkin
I thought France's was over hyped at first but it is growing on me. :eek:
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I really hate this song because it's just so happy and annoyingly catchy, but for that reason it will probably do well at Eurovision.

Lol at the UK being 20/1 to win though :rofl:
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by UWS)
I really hate this song because it's just so happy and annoyingly catchy, but for that reason it will probably do well at Eurovision.

Lol at the UK being 20/1 to win though :rofl:
Actually the combined odds aren't looking great currently for the UK. It will change over the next few months so maybe the UK will move up.
Dez
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Notnek)
Actually the combined odds aren't looking great currently for the UK. It will change over the next few months so maybe the UK will move up.
Blimey what did Switzerland do to annoy the bookies so much?
Snufkin
(Original post by Dez)
Blimey what did Switzerland do to annoy the bookies so much?
No idea, but I've never quite gotten over the Lovebugs not making the final in 2009. :emo:
Snufkin
The first of Saara Aalto's Eurovision entries has been released - have to say, I'm not that into it despite the hype. Hope the other two are better.

04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've listened to the Czech entry, and I like it.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wasn’t Italy supposed to be favourite last year, and that went well for them didn’t it. To be honest I didn’t like last years winner. My favourite 2017 entry was Moldova. I haven’t heard any songs from this year.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Wasn’t Italy supposed to be favourite last year, and that went well for them didn’t it. To be honest I didn’t like last years winner. My favourite 2017 entry was Moldova. I haven’t heard any songs from this year.
I liked Moldova last year.:yep:

Portugal last year wasn't a classic Eurovision song though.:nah: It took a lot of people (certainly me) by surprised.
Dr_Roxx1574
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Personally my fave entry for this yr is Italy so far
CheeseIsVeg
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I thought France's was over hyped at first but it is growing on me. :eek:
ditto :gasp:
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
please Gimme Eurovision.!! :woo: wonders if our obsession with the weather is making us loose each year?

UK 2016 = I feel like 'm dancing in the sky
UK Eurovision 2017 = together we'll dance through this storm
UK Eurovision 2018 = Storms don’t last forever, forever, remember

Continues to watch the 1997 voting on youtube without feeling guilty, (like one does every year)
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (26)
18.31%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (40)
28.17%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (76)
53.52%

Watched Threads