Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I didn't see any updated thread for all the CBSE students applying on UCAS, so I decided to start one! Post any of your doubts and/or problems regarding UCAS or choosing the right school.

Also, if you want, mention the university, predicted scores and course you're applying for. I'll start-

Course- Bsc. Sociology with Study Abroad (4 years)
    Predicted Grades- A*AAAB (overall average- 87%) , 2A*s and 3As at GCSE equivalent (9.4 CGPA in Grade 10)
    Universities applying: Bristol (offer), Exeter (offer), LSE (waiting- invite for the UGAA received), Leeds (waiting), Leicester (offer)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by risamaine)
    I didn't see any updated thread for all the CBSE students applying on UCAS, so I decided to start one! Post any of your doubts and/or problems regarding UCAS or choosing the right school.

Also, if you want, mention the university, predicted scores and course you're applying for. I'll start-

Course- Bsc. Sociology with Study Abroad (4 years)
    Predicted Grades- A*AAAB (overall average- 87%) , 2A*s and 3As at GCSE equivalent (9.4 CGPA in Grade 10) (I've converted my predicted marks into grades according to the conversion chart I made after researching 20+ Unis; I will put it below)
    Universities applying: Bristol (offer), Exeter (offer), LSE (waiting- invite for the UGAA received), Leeds (waiting), Leicester (offer)

This is the conversion chart I made (please take it only as a comparison for broad understanding on where you lie with regards to entry requirements and not as a 100% accurate conversion)-

91-100%- A*
    81-90%- A
    71- 80%- B
    61- 70%- C
    51-60%- D
    ...and so on.
    Please don't try and convert your grades. Unis will use each country's grading system differently and will set their entry requirements for that country accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    Please don't try and convert your grades. Unis will use each country's grading system differently and will set their entry requirements for that country accordingly.
    For a comparison- I do agree that unis use it differently, but none of the ones I've seen (RG and non-RG) use very different ones from the one I've identified (and if that, its usually lower! Not higher; Durham Uni comes to mind)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by risamaine)
    For a comparison- I do agree that unis use it differently, but none of the ones I've seen (RG and non-RG) use very different ones from the one I've identified (and if that, its usually lower! Not higher; Durham Uni comes to mind)
    It isn't a question of agreeing or not. It's a question of confusing people into thinking that there is a conversion chart. Unis also consider contextual info so please don't use any form of chart or conversion.

On a side note the RG doesn't mean much to an undergrad so I wouldn't worry about that either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alleycat393)
    It isn't a question of agreeing or not. It's a question of confusing people into thinking that there is a conversion chart. Unis also consider contextual info so please don't use any form of chart or conversion.

On a side note the RG doesn't mean much to an undergrad so I wouldn't worry about that either.

Hmm, okay! If it really might confuse somebody, I'll take it off

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.