Turn on thread page Beta

is he still interested? pleaseee help me :( watch

I've been an anxious wreck since the other night, wondering if this guy will text me back

we met on tinder and had a really good chat for a couple hours. He wanted to take me for drinks but I was still hungover from the night before so he just came to mine and we watched tv, had some tea and then went up to my room and cuddled, watched a film, did a bit of kissing and some other stuff but no sex.
    I would've slept with him but he seemed to want to wait as we'd just met eachother (mentioned something about the second date). On tinder he'd said I seemed really cool and he'd be 'down for whatever' with me (as opposed to just sex) so I was sort of under the impression he would want to meet again, not to mention the fact he asked when i was free this week and when I walked him back to the bus station he linked arms with me, said he'd see me soon and I could come to his town or he could come to mine (they're about 5 minutes away on train).
    So I deffo got repeat date vibes. He texted me within half an hour of leaving and we had a little back and forth. Then he didn't reply to my last message until midday yesterday where he said something very half assed. So i left it a few hours and just said I enjoyed meeting him and let me know if he wants to do it again. That was 24h ago now, and I'm just starting to think he won't reply at all- which I'm really gutted about because I just felt that we clicked in an immediate way, he was acting like he really liked me and I guess I got my hopes up.

Should I give up hope or message again? And can someone please try and explain this weird and inconsistent behaviour to me?

ReputationRep:
    I mean you don't want to come across as desperate so I wouldn't keep messaging him.

Without being too stereotypical it seems a bit weird how he didn't want to sleep with you if you were up for it.

If a guy is very into a girl and she is back - i'd say he would be messaging you quite often

(Original post by Joshyouare)
    I mean you don't want to come across as desperate so I wouldn't keep messaging him.

Without being too stereotypical it seems a bit weird how he didn't want to sleep with you if you were up for it.

If a guy is very into a girl and she is back - i'd say he would be messaging you quite often
    i guess you're right, I'm so tempted to though, I just want to know what went wrong

yeah that's true- he basically assumed I wouldn't want to 'on the first date' and I just didn't correct him haha

yeahhh I thought he might be playing hard to get or something but idk, maybe he just changed his mind about me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been an anxious wreck since the other night, wondering if this guy will text me back

we met on tinder and had a really good chat for a couple hours. He wanted to take me for drinks but I was still hungover from the night before so he just came to mine and we watched tv, had some tea and then went up to my room and cuddled, watched a film, did a bit of kissing and some other stuff but no sex.
    I would've slept with him but he seemed to want to wait as we'd just met eachother (mentioned something about the second date). On tinder he'd said I seemed really cool and he'd be 'down for whatever' with me (as opposed to just sex) so I was sort of under the impression he would want to meet again, not to mention the fact he asked when i was free this week and when I walked him back to the bus station he linked arms with me, said he'd see me soon and I could come to his town or he could come to mine (they're about 5 minutes away on train).
    So I deffo got repeat date vibes. He texted me within half an hour of leaving and we had a little back and forth. Then he didn't reply to my last message until midday yesterday where he said something very half assed. So i left it a few hours and just said I enjoyed meeting him and let me know if he wants to do it again. That was 24h ago now, and I'm just starting to think he won't reply at all- which I'm really gutted about because I just felt that we clicked in an immediate way, he was acting like he really liked me and I guess I got my hopes up.

Should I give up hope or message again? And can someone please try and explain this weird and inconsistent behaviour to me?
    Maybe he is busy? Guys really suck at replying.

(Original post by paulaxw)
    Maybe he is busy? Guys really suck at replying.
    so I ended up messaging him again on tinder and he replied about 12h later (he was replying instantly before) saying he hadn't been checking his phone, wasn't free to hang out saturday but would like to another time.

not getting the impression he's super keen then...

but I said I could do monday or tuesday and for him to lmk when suits him

and he replied saying he would and that he was suprised I wanted to see him again

I asked why and he hasn't replied (been about a day)

I just think if he was actually interested he'd try and make plans and reply sooner, because he used to reply so much more swiftly...

normally not like this but i rly like this guy

ReputationRep:
    I hope it works out for you.
    Ask for his number in the next message, so you can start to call him and chat on the phone.

ReputationRep:
    Just give it a try. But no pressure and don't try to make things happen. I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep us updated, just be chill about it when you guys meet. Hope all works out well! Good luck!

(Original post by paulaxw)
    Just give it a try. But no pressure and don't try to make things happen. I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep us updated, just be chill about it when you guys meet. Hope all works out well! Good luck!
    (Original post by Adz2042)
    I hope it works out for you.
    Ask for his number in the next message, so you can start to call him and chat on the phone.
    Still no word, so I'm going to have to give up hope here. Little gutted but oh well, it was worth a try

ReputationRep:
    Still no word, so I'm going to have to give up hope here. Little gutted but oh well, it was worth a try
    Cliche but - if it's meant to be it will be. Or whatever, if not this one, there will be another one!

im in the exact same position - really like this guy and we've been talking for a while, met up and stayed over and now replies are dead. WHAT IS WRONG WITH BOYS???? hope it all works out for you though!

ReputationRep:
    Sounded like you wanted that D badly

(Original post by baileyjoy)
    im in the exact same position - really like this guy and we've been talking for a while, met up and stayed over and now replies are dead. WHAT IS WRONG WITH BOYS???? hope it all works out for you though!
    wouldn't mind if they just said ah well

(Original post by james ionicbond)
    Sounded like you wanted that D badly
    not even lol, just thought he was a chill guy. He actually had a pretty tiny **** so I suppose little blessings lol

ReputationRep:
    wouldn't mind if they just said ah well

not even lol, just thought he was a chill guy. He actually had a pretty tiny **** so I suppose little blessings lol
    You know what they say
    Size don't matter 😏

WAIT A MINUTE, if you didn't sleep with him then how do you know that his ****. is small?

(Original post by james ionicbond)
    You know what they say
    Size don't matter 😏

WAIT A MINUTE, if you didn't sleep with him then how do you know that his ****. is small?
    Didn't sleep with him but I felt it haha, we fooled around a bit

right it’d be so much easier if they said instead of just constantly leaving us in the dark - tempted to just message this guy and ask if its going somewhere or not because i dont wanna waste my time :/ we can get over ‘em!! grl power
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:

Really! Do you think he is worth all effort you are putting in? If so, wait a day give him a space don't be a desperate nerd its just Tinder not a guy u met at friends party that u can know a lot about and get different opinions. If he doesn't get bk to you u can just text him: hey how has ur day been? or these sort of things then when u meet him again explain gently the situation that happened before and get his views this way u ll know where to go form there- hope it helps and keep us updated

(Original post by HeadsToes)
    Really! Do you think he is worth all effort you are putting in? If so, wait a day give him a space don't be a desperate nerd its just Tinder not a guy u met at friends party that u can know a lot about and get different opinions. If he doesn't get bk to you u can just text him: hey how has ur day been? or these sort of things then when u meet him again explain gently the situation that happened before and get his views this way u ll know where to go form there- hope it helps and keep us updated
    I feel like if he wanted to see me he'd have got back to me by now. I feel a bit done with dating tbh, I actually deleted my tinder account today- so if he's really interested after all this he knows my number :/
    silly men messing me around, I don't need that negativity

I feel like if he wanted to see me he'd have got back to me by now. I feel a bit done with dating tbh, I actually deleted my tinder account today- so if he's really interested after all this he knows my number :/
    silly men messing me around, I don't need that negativity
    Thanks for update. You did a good thing and u r bright thinking girl. If he is honestly into u he would do anything and everything to win u bk. Recently, I learnt that it is the guy that has to want it and not the other way around

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2018
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.