The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth University 2018 Applicants + Freshers 2018 Thread!

Hi everyone! :awesome:

Welcome to the Aberystwyth University official 2018 Applicants thread!

This thread is for anyone who's applied, or thinking of applying to Aberystwyth University for 2018 entry. :smartass: You can use this space to connect with other applicants before coming here in September. :cute:

I'll introduce myself - I'm Lleucu, I came to Aberystwyth as a student in September 2014, and graduated with a degree in Welsh last year. By now, I'm the official rep for Aberystwyth University on TSR - so if you have any questions about the University, student life, or simply life at Aberystwyth, ask away! :thumbsup:

Kick this thread off by introducing yourself, and which course you're thinking of studying at Aberystwyth! :crown:
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi I'm Cora, applied to the computer science and artificial intelligence course and received my conditional offer a couple of weeks ago :h:
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by CoraCompSci
Hi I'm Cora, applied to the computer science and artificial intelligence course and received my conditional offer a couple of weeks ago :h:

Hi Cora! :smile:

Congratulations on your conditional offer - that's brilliant!:yay:

Are you planning on visiting Aberystwyth University on any of our Applicant Visiting Days? :cute:

Lleucu :rose:
Hey,

My name is Silvia, I am from Bulagria, and I recently received my conditional offer for an MA in International Politics and am seriously considering it :smile: I wanted to ask about accommodation. I personally believe that univeristy accommodation is the safest and easiest to get, is that true ? And will it be easy to find a part-time job, because I want to work while studying, and when I arrive where can I get advise on student part-time jobs :smile: Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 4
HI I'm Rutendo. I received an unconditional offer to study Law with French. :smile:
Hey, I'm Ellie. I'm hoping to study Fine Art and looking forward to moving down to Wales if I achieve my grades. 😁
Hi I'm Rosie! I'm from Durham and I received an unconditional to study human biology and health :smile: I've never been to Wales before so I'm quite excited!
Reply 7
Just revived an unconditional for computer science, looking forward to Aberystwyth.
recieved my unconditional for drama! so excited
Reply 9
I'm Charlotte, i got an unconditional offer for Psychology!
Reply 10
Hello.
I am Radoslaw (traditionally speaking Roegner), from Niedersleschien (currently Lower Silesian Voivodeship in Poland)

I was on Applicant Visiting Days at 31.01. That was a loong journey all the way from Poland. But, I am really excited (as much as someone with Asperger syndrome can be excited) to say my visit paid off. I just get an unconditional offer for W4A2, Liberal Arts (Integrated Master's) I think it's due to scholarship exams on 30.01 but that info is not confirmed yet.
You have great community, as I saw, many societes, but you also have that *** hill from city to uni. I was really glad when I climb it.
Course leader, dr. W**** is a really fine man. In my country I know many university professors due to my family and family's allies, but I never met someone like him. Professionalist who did not eat a stick. First thing, I was shocked when he told me to call Him by name, not "sir".

Now I am looking/hunting for work in Aber. I want to be financially independent from my family, but have no idea where to look for said work.
Simply, I am from other country. In my country I know where to look, But in Aber? No.
Just placed Aberystwyth as my firm! So excited!
Original post by sisi5678nai
Hey,

My name is Silvia, I am from Bulagria, and I recently received my conditional offer for an MA in International Politics and am seriously considering it :smile: I wanted to ask about accommodation. I personally believe that univeristy accommodation is the safest and easiest to get, is that true ? And will it be easy to find a part-time job, because I want to work while studying, and when I arrive where can I get advise on student part-time jobs :smile: Thanks in advance :smile:

Hi Silvia! :smile:

Huge congratulations to you on your conditional offer!

We have a wide range of accommodations on offer at Aberystwyth University, all either on Campus or within walking distance to all of the Campus amenities. As some Postgraduate courses run for 52 weeks a year, so the Accommodation Office offers a variety of licence lengths to suit you. However; please be aware that the maximum licence length we can offer is 50 weeks, where you can enjoy continuous occupation in one place.

Check out our accommodation website for more information on all the accommodation we have on offer: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/accommodation/accommodation-options/

There are plenty of job opportunities for students at Aberystwyth. Our students work in a wide range of part-time jobs, from working in our Students' Union, University ambassador roles to working in our Sports Centre. There are some job opportunities in the town also - working in pubs, restaurants and retail outlets.

The University supports the AberWorks scheme, which aims to help students gain practical work experience within the University. AberWorks includes opportunities for students who wish to earn while they learn. The opportunities available range from Catering, Administrative work, Ambassador roles and more. During term-time if work is available, you may choose to work up to 15 hours per week, with more hours possible during vacation periods. Salary will be dependent on the casual role you undertake. Work could be based on any of the University’s campuses including the Old College. You have the choice of accepting work that fits around your schedule.

Aberystwyth University also offers a Careers service, which, as well as providing long-term career advice, has details about part-time work opportunities during term time.

I hope this helps! :h:

Do you have any future plans to visit Aberystwyth before September?

Original post by _R_
HI I'm Rutendo. I received an unconditional offer to study Law with French. :smile:

Hi Rutendo! :smile:
Huge congratulations to you on your unconditional offer! :yay:
Are you planning on visiting Aberystwyth on an Applicant Visiting Day?

Reply 14
Original post by Aberystwyth University
Hi Rutendo! :smile:
Huge congratulations to you on your unconditional offer! :yay:
Are you planning on visiting Aberystwyth on an Applicant Visiting Day?

Thank you!
Yes, I'll be visiting on the 24th !
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi I’m kate and I got an unconditional offer for criminology!!
Original post by MinervaESirius
Hey, I'm Ellie. I'm hoping to study Fine Art and looking forward to moving down to Wales if I achieve my grades. 😁

Hi Ellie!

How exciting :cute: ! Have you visited Aberystwyth on one of our Open Days or Applicant Visiting Days? :smile:

Original post by Aberystwyth University
Hi Ellie!

How exciting :cute: ! Have you visited Aberystwyth on one of our Open Days or Applicant Visiting Days? :smile:

Came last month on an Applicant Visiting Day, loved the town.
im liam, im coming to aber to study history and welsh history
Should not this thread be in Welsh? Cymraeg?

Quick Reply

Latest