The Student Room Group

Ideas for 17th birthday

So I’m 17 next week and my friends want me to do something although realistically I don’t want to deal with the hassle that comes with a yearly celebration. It’s me and 3 other people but they ask me what I plan on doing. I don’t have anything to do and I don’t want them to be bored l. So I’m the type of person to tell them to decide what they want because I’ll just go along with it. Realistically I don’t want to do anything.

If I was to do something have you got any suggestions as to what it particular I should do.
Reply 1
Original post by gerib17
So I’m 17 next week and my friends want me to do something although realistically I don’t want to deal with the hassle that comes with a yearly celebration. It’s me and 3 other people but they ask me what I plan on doing. I don’t have anything to do and I don’t want them to be bored l. So I’m the type of person to tell them to decide what they want because I’ll just go along with it. Realistically I don’t want to do anything.

If I was to do something have you got any suggestions as to what it particular I should do.

Find something that you haven't done together before - like go-karting?
It's your birthday, it's not for them to decide what you do or if you do anything. You choose. If you don't want to do anything, just tell them that. That's fine.
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
It's your birthday, it's not for them to decide what you do or if you do anything. You choose. If you don't want to do anything, just tell them that. That's fine.

Then it comes across as me being boring. I was put in quite a predicament when I found out they wanted me to do something for my birthday
Original post by gerib17
Then it comes across as me being boring. I was put in quite a predicament when I found out they wanted me to do something for my birthday

No it doesn't. You don't have to do things for your birthday. It doesn't make you boring at all.
Reply 5
Original post by DrawTheLine
No it doesn't. You don't have to do things for your birthday. It doesn't make you boring at all.

I might just ask them to turn it into a normal day out and that it’s not for my birthday
Have a gathering and get drunk
Go out and have a meal. Then drinks at yours.

Quick Reply

Latest