The Student Room Group

Any advice for adult nursing interviews?

I need some tips especially when it comes to the literacy test and the interview itself. Any help would be much appreciated :smile:
its a basic numeracy test so dont worry. measurement and conversion mostly and abit of common sense. for the interview its mre about how u take care of your patients with those nhs values. where r u applying to?
Reply 2
Original post by elmocookie
its a basic numeracy test so dont worry. measurement and conversion mostly and abit of common sense. for the interview its mre about how u take care of your patients with those nhs values. where r u applying to?

NHS values? Does that include the 6 C's? I've applied to Wolverhampton, Gloucestershire and Coventry. What about you?
yeap! they want to know how do u apply those values while taking care of the patients. do u have any previous healthcare experience? i applied for essex and got an unconditional offer in october :smile:
Reply 4
yeap! they want to know how do u apply those values while taking care of the patients. do u have any previous healthcare experience? i applied for essex and got an unconditional offer in october :smile:

Thanks so much. Yeah, I've worked as a healthcare assistant before. Congratulations on being accepted! :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
thank you!
just think yourself as a nurse and how would you treat a patient holistically :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by jerico242
I need some tips especially when it comes to the literacy test and the interview itself. Any help would be much appreciated :smile:

Hi, you can find interview advice here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5084328
There are also sample maths tests on the link to practice. Revising multiplication, division, long multiplication, long division & converting fractions, percentages and decimals will help you.
The literacy tests normally test your comprehension & look at spelling & grammar too. This could involve a multiple choice comprehension test and/or writing a short essay.
It is also worth researching some of the latest news or research in nursing-you don’t need an expert on it, just looking at bbc news online will help you.
Good luck.

Please note that discussion of specific interview questions & specific interview information is not allowed on the forum, so I have edited your posts to remove any content that is not permitted. Thank you.
Reply 7
thank you!
just think yourself as a nurse and how would you treat a patient holistically :smile:

that's a very helpful advice and I will definitely remember what you said :smile: did they asked you about your personal strengths and weaknesses?
Reply 8
Original post by mel_l218
Hi, you can find interview advice here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5084328
There are also sample maths tests on the link to practice. Revising multiplication, division, long multiplication, long division & converting fractions, percentages and decimals will help you.
The literacy tests normally test your comprehension & look at spelling & grammar too. This could involve a multiple choice comprehension test and/or writing a short essay.
It is also worth researching some of the latest news or research in nursing-you don’t need an expert on it, just looking at bbc news online will help you.
Good luck.

Please note that discussion of specific interview questions & specific interview information is not allowed on the forum, so I have edited your posts to remove any content that is not permitted. Thank you.

Thank you so much, you've been a great help. This interview coming up feels overwhelming! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending