Turn on thread page Beta

Scared to stay over at boyfriend when on period watch

Hi I’m supposed to be staying over at my bf house and I just got my period and I told him and he wants me to stay but I’m scared I’ll leak or where I’m gonna put my tampons and how am I gonna wash myself should I just stay home ? Someone help have u stayed at ur bf while on ur period
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi I’m supposed to be staying over at my bf house and I just got my period and I told him and he wants me to stay but I’m scared I’ll leak or where I’m gonna put my tampons and how am I gonna wash myself should I just stay home ? Someone help have u stayed at ur bf while on ur period
    Does he have female relatives at all or is he living alone?

ReputationRep:
    Period is a pretty natural thing. I think he'll understand. There is nothing embarrassing about it and if a guy makes fun of it or is disgusted he should really grow up.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    You can wear a pad or pantyliner as well as a tampon just in case of a leak. Do you regularly leak? If not, why would this time be different?

You can keep tampons in the bathroom or in your bag.

You use the shower or bring a washcloth with you to keep clean, just like you would at home.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Ok I'd like to say this response is based on everyone elses reply. So you need to find out if your boyfriend has a female relative who you're comfortable with you know talking about the......... If your boyfriend lives alone and he asks you to come to his house (excuse my irrational thinking), he might be about to pull some scummy crap unless you've told him about this period (if not probably should tell him). And listen imma come down to your level you should buy a pack of tampons to keep with you it should also be clear that you shouldn't sit on any furniture and should probably not wear light clothes unless you bringing a change. Look the point is your meant to talk this through with your boyfriend so that you can both work on a compromise, so what the hell you waiting for go talk to your boyfriend if he ain't gonna help you on this then he ain't right bf are meant to be loyal, honest and every other **** they need to be.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't normally leak there's no reason to assume you will at his house so just do what you normally do. If you're really worried upgrade to a bigger/thicker pad overnight. If he has a bin in his bathroom then just wrap used menstrual products in tissue and use that, if not then perhaps pack a plastic bag and you can put them in there and dispose elsewhere. Men and women often live together - it's perfectly manageable

Yes, I have. I put 5-6 tampons in a baggie in my purse and bring a pad or two - depending on how long I'll be there. I wear a tampon and a pad at the beginning of my cycle..... just in case. I also bring a grocery store bag - that you can see through. Then I wrap the tampon in bath tissue and and place it in the bag. I keep it in a cabinet so he doesn't really ever see it. When I leave I put the whole bag in his rubbish bin but I've also covertly snuck it into my purse and have taken it back to mine to dispose of there. It's really not been a big issue.

ReputationRep:
    Just go!! My birth control pill I’m on basically means I’m constantly having a surprise period random points - doesn’t help I’m at my boyfriends 3/4 nights a week and he has only white sheets I personally haven’t spoken to my boyfriend while it’s happened but he’ll understand if you do ! Don’t let it stop you having fun

ReputationRep:
    As a male, I would not want a lass at my place on her period. Not because it is icky or leaky (this risk is present when he stays over a your place); I just don't want sanitary items in my bin with my Monster cans which I have to dispose of.

ReputationRep:
    Guys do know about periods. It's no big deal.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    When I stay over at peoples houses I keep a scented nappy sack in my handbag (this is when those little zipped areas at the back come in handy!) for temporarily storing used tampons. Then I dispose of them myself when I get home.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.