studyboi21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I can't quite nail writing essays in history! Anyone have any advice on how I could improve?

Also any ideas where i can get more information on Historiography ?
kokola9000
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Historiography - learn the perspectives! Intentionalist, structuralist, marxist, etc. Idk about good resources but ask your teacher. Quote historians for historiography - usually the book has some quotes, just use those and explain the perspective.

Essays - start with intro (put in brackground, opposing views, and thesis). Paragraphs - organize by point (should relate to thesis), evidence (event/historiography) and explanation (historiography or consequence of event and how it relates to the question), and link back to question. In your conclusion, connect it back to the thesis and how you answered the question, then try to extend into further room for investigation. I'll try making more helpful exemplars if you wish.

Also, the r/IBO reddit is super useful. I met many amazing students who helped me incredibly with support materials and tips!!! They were much better than my teacher.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (699)
33.88%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (880)
42.66%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.46%

Watched Threads