Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So i'm 17 years old and since i can remember i have stretch marks,i was little bit chubby in 7th grade but since i started high school i lost more then 10 pounds,and then when i started working i lost even more and i was skinny,now i gained like 7 pounds i still look skinny but it's in borders of normal weight,the thing is i had stretch marks even before 7th grade and they look like white lines but there's so much of them on my hips ,on my back,i do some exercises every day for 20 minutes and i do look good,but this damn stretch marks make me so insecure and i never wore shorts or skirt in my life because of this .It's just we are all humans but society expects from females to be flawless and we can thank media for that ,but the point it what can i do to reduce them ?

I think you can buy certain creams/pasted that reduce them but I don’t know any specific ones
    Personally I like to view my stretch marks as a sign my body can grow/change- not positive or negative- but I can see why you don’t like them: they aren’t exactly nice are they?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Bio Oil is famous for getting rid of stretch marks, I haven't tried it for that reason but I had dark marks left on my face from acne and it improved them massively.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2018
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.