Turn on thread page Beta

When is it too late to wish someone a belated happy birthday? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

It was their birthday 3 days ago, but I only just noticed on Facebook as I don’t use it often. Is it too late to send them a random belated birthday message?

I am feeling quite guilty that I forgot! Especially as they messaged me when it was my birthday last month 😞

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    3 days late is fine, especially if you aren't online much to be reminded that it is their birthday. Just sent them a belated birthday message and ask how they are and all that jazz. I'm sure they will appreciate the message :yep:

ReputationRep:
    i'd say if you're close and you feel like you do need to say it then it's not too late, just maybe explain you've been busy and you're really sorry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rum Ham)
    3 days late is fine, especially if you aren't online much to be reminded that it is their birthday. Just sent them a belated birthday message and ask how they are and all that jazz. I'm sure they will appreciate the message :yep:
    Thanks for the advice I will send them a message

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciarajude)
    i'd say if you're close and you feel like you do need to say it then it's not too late, just maybe explain you've been busy and you're really sorry?
    We’re not that close anymore, although we used to be. Maybe seeing each other around 6 times a year since going to different unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PizzaSlice)
    We’re not that close anymore, although we used to be. Maybe seeing each other around 6 times a year since going to different unis.
    i'd say it's still ok to say it now then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciarajude)
    i'd say it's still ok to say it now then!
    Done ✅ Thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PizzaSlice)
    Done ✅ Thanks for the advice
    no problem, i'm sure they'll be pleased to hear from you

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.