Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps I'm getting too old for this place, but I used to love watching Dexter's Lab as a kid, and I remember hearing about a banned episode called 'Rude Removal'. For many years, the episode was thought to have been lost.

I completely forgot about it until I discovered the other day that Adult Swim actually aired the full episode uncut in 2013. This episode actually aired in some countries during the original run, except the title card was censored. I don't know how they thought they'd get away with that title card. Haha.

I haven't watched an episode of Dexter's Lab in about 15 years, but this made me chuckle, and I really enjoyed it. I would've found it hilarious as a child, and I wouldn't say that it 'ruined my childhood'. The stereotypes are great, and I can see why they didn't air this one.

In case anyone is wondering there is no version without the beeps, a fan edit exists, but that's it...

Enjoy Dexter's Rude Removal:

• Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Kernel_Coder)
    Perhaps I'm getting too old for this place, but I used to love watching Dexter's Lab as a kid, and I remember hearing about a banned episode called 'Rude Removal'. For many years, the episode was thought to have been lost.

I completely forgot about it until I discovered the other day that Adult Swim actually aired the full episode uncut in 2013. This episode actually aired in some countries during the original run, except the title card was censored. I don't know how they thought they'd get away with that title card. Haha.

I haven't watched an episode of Dexter's Lab in about 15 years, but this made me chuckle, and I really enjoyed it. I would've found it hilarious as a child, and I wouldn't say that it 'ruined my childhood'. The stereotypes are great, and I can see why they didn't air this one.

In case anyone is wondering there is no version without the beeps, a fan edit exists, but that's it...

Enjoy Dexter's Rude Removal:

I've seen this before lol. I don't think any version exists without the beeping though. Still hilarious when looking back at one of my favourite childhood cartoons.

ReputationRep:
    I was never into that cartoon as a kid, think it was more prominent in the late 90s when I was in secondary school and kinda stopped watching many cartoons.

Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.