Turn on thread page Beta

Have to wait 2 weeks for my retainers watch

ReputationRep:
    I have just taken off my braces but now i have to wait 2 weeks because i’m on holiday next week. Will my teeth move a lot so that my retainers won’t fit? finger crossed they do

ReputationRep:
    they probably won't fit. I got mine straight away and didn't wear them for like a week and a half and if I put them on it really hurt cause my teeth had moved so much.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miaowth)
    they probably won't fit. I got mine straight away and didn't wear them for like a week and a half and if I put them on it really hurt cause my teeth had moved so much.
    but did your retainers still fit in? even though it hurt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpmeplsssss)
    I have just taken off my braces but now i have to wait 2 weeks because i’m on holiday next week. Will my teeth move a lot so that my retainers won’t fit? finger crossed they do
    They might move a little but your retainers should still fit. I think the standard wait is one week anyway so your teeth do have a chance to move! My first pair weren’t moulder right so they were a little loose and there wasn’t significant movement before I had my second and much tighter set!

Three years later, I wear mine when I remember... sometimes it’s twice a week, sometimes there’s a two week gap, but they always still fit. However there’s also a noticeable ache when I first put them on and when I take them off in the morning so I know I should be using them more often 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpmeplsssss)
    but did your retainers still fit in? even though it hurt
    they mostly did, but the tops of them didn't stay on. I will restate that they hurt like hell, worse than when I first got my braces.

I had to wait a week after getting my braces off for my retainer and my teeth only moved a tiny bit then once I got my retainer they moved back to the position they were when I got my brace off. I wouldn’t worry though because if the orthodontist knew your teeth were gonna move a lot then they’d have got your retainers straight away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carrotstar)
    They might move a little but your retainers should still fit. I think the standard wait is one week anyway so your teeth do have a chance to move! My first pair weren’t moulder right so they were a little loose and there wasn’t significant movement before I had my second and much tighter set!

Three years later, I wear mine when I remember... sometimes it’s twice a week, sometimes there’s a two week gap, but they always still fit. However there’s also a noticeable ache when I first put them on and when I take them off in the morning so I know I should be using them more often 😂
    i’m so worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I had to wait a week after getting my braces off for my retainer and my teeth only moved a tiny bit then once I got my retainer they moved back to the position they were when I got my brace off. I wouldn’t worry though because if the orthodontist knew your teeth were gonna move a lot then they’d have got your retainers straight away.
    thank you, i just need reassurance

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.