Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help with boolean expression to logic gate circuits watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone iv nearly finished my assignment but I'm really stuck on the last part where i need to convert boolean expressions to logic gate circuits.

1. !A!BC!D + !A!BCD + !AB!C!D + !AB!D + !ABC!D + !ABCD + AB!CD + ABC!D + ABCD!A!BC + !ABC + A!BC + ABC

2. !A!B!C!D + ABC!D + !ABC!D + !ABCD + AB!C!D + AB!CD

3. !A!B!C!D + !A!B!CD + !AB!C!D + !ABC!D + A!B!C!D + A!BC!D + AB!C!D + ABC!D

4. !A!B!CD + !A!BC!D + !ABCD + A!B!C!D + ABC!D + ABCD

5. !A!BCD + !ABC!D + A!B!CD + AB!CD + ABCD

Here are the 5 expressions I have to convert, could anyone help with working one or more of these out and give me some insight on how to work out the rest. Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    basically where you can, you factorise the common factor (with an AND gate between if there are 2 common factors) and then OR them with the other factors you have found

For example
    ABC!D + AB!C!D + !A!B!C!D + ABC!D

Would become NOT D since they all have not D in common

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CompSci in2k17)
    basically where you can, you factorise the common factor (with an AND gate between if there are 2 common factors) and then OR them with the other factors you have found

For example
    ABC!D + AB!C!D + !A!B!C!D + ABC!D

Would become NOT D since they all have not D in common
    Correct me if I'm wrong but are you sure that is right as letters next to each other are put through the AND operation, so you need to evaluate the expression that NOT D has been factored out of as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faction Paradox)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but are you sure that is right as letters next to each other are put through the AND operation, so you need to evaluate the expression that NOT D has been factored out of as well.
    That is correct, excuse my poor wording

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.