Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 10 and I really want to get good grades in my GCSEs.I find maths really hard and I'm really worried that I may fail.I have a tutor once a week and I have definitely got better but I'm still worried as I have an awful maths teacher at school.It's becoming quite stressful, I am also finding it really hard to motivate myself to revise, at the beginning of year 10 I was really good at but now I find I have a short attention span and nothing seems to stick in my brain !! Any help/revision techniques??
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by maisiex10x)
    I'm in year 10 and I really want to get good grades in my GCSEs.I find maths really hard and I'm really worried that I may fail.I have a tutor once a week and I have definitely got better but I'm still worried as I have an awful maths teacher at school.It's becoming quite stressful, I am also finding it really hard to motivate myself to revise, at the beginning of year 10 I was really good at but now I find I have a short attention span and nothing seems to stick in my brain !! Any help/revision techniques??
    Focusing on maths, really the thing that will help is practice. If you don't understand a topic, try watching a short youtube video on it. Write down exactly what they do and use that to make a general method for any question like that.
    Then practice it by doing some questions (there's loads online) and you'll see as you do more you'll get better at it and it will stick more in your brain. It's important to come back to a topic not too long after you learnt it, so if you learnt a topic today (Sunday) then you should come back to it at the latest next week and do a few more, then again maybe a month later every month until the exam until it gets to the point you only need to do one or two question to get back into the topic.
    You've got loads of time, and your tutor will guide you as well. Take their advice

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for your help!!! Will definitely do that!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by maisiex10x)
    Thanks so much for your help!!! Will definitely do that!!
    No worries Great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.