Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I feel like a deflated beach ball TOO often. Can somebody please tell me how to stay motivated? I need tips on how to get that 'drive' to study and do anything that DOES NOT include lying on the bed all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username3776690)
    Can somebody please tell me how to stay motivated? I need tips on how to get that 'drive' to study.
    Hi,

What I found works for me is reminding myself that I'll never have to do this ever again if I do it right the first time round. If I put all my effort into this, I won't have to do any resits and I'll get to keep that grade after everything is done and dusted. I also won't have to feel regretful over believing I didn't study enough and think about what could have been.

I think it's a case of reminding yourself of why you're doing this. It may suck now, but in the long run, you're doing it so you can make things easier for yourself down the line. Having a study plan also helps. If you make yourself stick to it for a few days up to one week, you'll get into the habit of it and you won't dread studying because you'll get used to it.

Hope that helps. Take care and good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.