Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I would like to study Business in the future (more particularly marketing) and here are the subjects that I chose for my IB diploma:

English A Lit HL
    Economics HL
    Psychology HL
    Swedish B HL
    Biology SL
    Maths SL

Do you think these subject choices are good considering what I would like to study? I know that the only requirements for Business and management (at least for the universities I am interested in) are Maths SL and English A.

I thought psychology would be a good addition since I thought it of being complementary with the theoretical aspect of business, as well as with the field of marketing (analysing people). I was originally intending to take Hisory HL instead as I did really well in IGCSE history. Yet I opted against it as English A1 and History HL together would be too much reading...

What do you think? Should I perhaps reconsider my humanities subject? Or perhaps psychology at HL is not nessessary and I should take it as an SL?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Depending on what your school offers, these subjects look pretty good. One thing I advice for many people going through this process is to look into universities that you may want to go to and their requirements. If your school offers business management maybe that would be better than psychology.

(Original post by kajsaa)
    Hi,
    I would like to study Business in the future (more particularly marketing) and here are the subjects that I chose for my IB diploma:

English A Lit HL
    Economics HL
    Psychology HL
    Swedish B HL
    Biology SL
    Maths SL

Do you think these subject choices are good considering what I would like to study? I know that the only requirements for Business and management (at least for the universities I am interested in) are Maths SL and English A.

I thought psychology would be a good addition since I thought it of being complementary with the theoretical aspect of business, as well as with the field of marketing (analysing people). I was originally intending to take Hisory HL instead as I did really well in IGCSE history. Yet I opted against it as English A1 and History HL together would be too much reading...

What do you think? Should I perhaps reconsider my humanities subject? Or perhaps psychology at HL is not nessessary and I should take it as an SL?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.