Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Maintenance Loan for Twins watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

New to forum and sure this has probably been raised before
    We will hopefully see both our daughters attend University in September 2018 and I am staggered at the costs and the seeming unfairness of the maintenance loan system

Because I earn a good salary I fear my daughters will be entitled to the bare minimum, thus leaving us with, approximately, an £8000 shortfall in funds for accommodation in their first year

Why is the maintenance loan means tested ? Surely to simply cover accommodation costs it is not unreasonable to expect students to take out the full amount required to cover this, after all they are 18 and considered adults in their own right

Why does what I earn have any baring on what they are entitled to borrow to cover the almost £7000 each, simply to live in decent student halls. Is it assumed I have money just sloshing round the house/down the back of the sofa ?

Is their any accommodation made when you are sending two children to University at the same time

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.