The Student Room Group

Advice needed

I'm gonna say it straight out - I'm bisexual (no pun intended). My parents aren't extremely religious,in fact they're quite open-minded I'd say, however I'm still scared they won't accept me. I'm 15 and have never been in a relationship before, never even kissed anyone either, but I have liked both guys and girls before. My family are Muslim, and I'm a girl so I'm sort of expected to be 'proper', if you know what I mean. I feel like I'll probably come out later, maybe when I'm an adult cause I feel as if by then they won't say 'it's just a phase'. Anyone else in the same situation?
Reply 1
Original post by aa1604_02
I'm gonna say it straight out - I'm bisexual (no pun intended). My parents aren't extremely religious,in fact they're quite open-minded I'd say, however I'm still scared they won't accept me. I'm 15 and have never been in a relationship before, never even kissed anyone either, but I have liked both guys and girls before. My family are Muslim, and I'm a girl so I'm sort of expected to be 'proper', if you know what I mean. I feel like I'll probably come out later, maybe when I'm an adult cause I feel as if by then they won't say 'it's just a phase'. Anyone else in the same situation?

Only come out when you're ready to. I know people who have come out to Muslim parents and their parents did get upset so it's best to leave it for now.
Original post by aa1604_02

I would say only come out if you need too or particularly want too tbh, you night never find yourself in a relationship with a girl or not until you're an adult when there won't be much of an impact.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending