Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I understand that but you should hate the sin not the person! You should still respect the person.
    I have nothing against homosexual people, but you cannot be Muslim and homosexual.
    It is ok to have homosexual thoughts, but to act on it is forbidden.
    And for someone to do that leaves me with no respect for that person.
    It’s either be Muslim or be homosexual.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Boiboiboi111)
    I have nothing against homosexual people, but you cannot be Muslim and homosexual.
    It is ok to have homosexual thoughts, but to act on it is forbidden.
    And for someone to do that leaves me with no respect for that person.
    It’s either be Muslim or be homosexual.
    Nowhere in the Qur'an does it say that being homosexual takes you out of the fold of Islam. Therefore saying "you cannot be Muslim and homosexual" is invalid.

Sometimes people are tested in ways others won't ever understand and I hope you never have to go through a test like this.

I respect your opinion. Have a good day.

ReputationRep:
    Nowhere in the Qur'an does it say that being homosexual takes you out of the fold of Islam. Therefore saying "you cannot be Muslim and homosexual" is invalid.

Sometimes people are tested in ways others won't ever understand and I hope you never have to go through a test like this.

I respect your opinion. Have a good day.
    If you choose to be homosexual everyday for the rest of your life then you will be committing a grave sin everyday.
    God forbids it.
    You can’t sneak around that, being gay and Muslim means committing a deadly sin everyday for the rest of your life.

(Of course I respect your opinion as well).

If you choose to be homosexual everyday for the rest of your life then you will be committing a grave sin everyday.
    God forbids it.
    You can’t sneak around that, being gay and Muslim means committing a deadly sin everyday for the rest of your life.

(Of course I respect your opinion as well).
    I understand what you're saying. But these things aren't something that are in our control. I don't choose who I'm attracted to.. if it was up to be, I'd just be attracted to guys not girls.

I know homosexuality is not allowed in Islam, but I can't help the way I feel. The way I feel is not a sin. what is a sin is if act upon it, which I haven't done yet, but I've had some low times in my life due to this conflict. I hope I can pass this test, please pray for me..

ReputationRep:
    All the three Abrahamic religions traditionally don't permit homosexuality. However, these days there are many gay Christians and Jews. I don't see why you can't be a gay muslim?

ReputationRep:
    I understand what you're saying. But these things aren't something that are in our control. I don't choose who I'm attracted to.. if it was up to be, I'd just be attracted to guys not girls.

I know homosexuality is not allowed in Islam, but I can't help the way I feel. The way I feel is not a sin. what is a sin is if act upon it, which I haven't done yet, but I've had some low times in my life due to this conflict. I hope I can pass this test, please pray for me..
    I hope you can get through this. We all have desires and temptations, but we must be strong to avoid acting on them.

(Original post by rickyrossman)
    All the three Abrahamic religions traditionally don't permit homosexuality. However, these days there are many gay Christians and Jews. I don't see why you can't be a gay muslim?
    There are many people out there who are gay and Muslim.
    Me personally, I feel like there would be conflict between the two, for myself anyway.. Hence why I'm struggling to understand what to do

I hope you can get through this. We all have desires and temptations, but we must be strong to avoid acting on them.
    Thank You, I hope so..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 22, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.