ellxesmzth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
What’s the best revision guide for Macbeth the CGP Complete Play revision guide, the MACBETH: YORK NOTES FOR GCSE (9-1) BY JAMES SALE, or Grade 9-1 GCSE English Shakespeare Text Guide - Macbeth by CGP Books.

bluebells1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hey hey I'm in year 12 and I studied Macbeth this summer for GCSE. I used the York Notes 9-1 although I'm sure CGP is fine too. There were some very useful alternative analyses for some of the themes in the play. I got a 9 in English Literature but a lot of it requires originality. Although the study books are good for areas of revision, try not to copy the opinions expressed in them and claim them as your own as it lacks conviction, which i noticed in a lot of English revision books as some parts tell you what to write rather than encourage you to explore your own interpretations.
But like I said York Notes is really good for just providing that extra bit of 'ooh i never realised that' particularly for the witches. It was really cool to study from.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads