The Student Room Group

Advice needed asap

Hello everyone,
I am thinking of pursing history as a degree at London School of Economics. I am confident I can get A*A*A for A-Levels: History, English Lit, Economics respectively. My only doubt for me is my GCSEs and whether it is suffice for LSE.
English Language - 9
History - A*
English Literature - 7
RE - A
Further Additional Science - A
Additional Science - B
Core Science - B
Mathematics - 6
French - B
Arabic - B

Please tell me if i stand a chance. If i work hard enough, I may be able to pull out 3 A*.
Thank You
Reply 1
Original post by KatheO11
Well, It may be clear that you did not research into the main subject that you only really need to study economics at University, or LSE in particular. You need Maths, to even be considered. studying economics would help, if you also studied Maths. So, it may be harder to apply for an economics course at LSE.

You do realise I said a history degree and not economics..
Original post by anon7128
You do realise I said a history degree and not economics..

I'm so sorry! Your grades aren't bad, but I would also advise for you to show how invested in History you really are, as well as working for those A*, you have a chance.
Original post by anon7128
Hello everyone,
I am thinking of pursing history as a degree at London School of Economics. I am confident I can get A*A*A for A-Levels: History, English Lit, Economics respectively. My only doubt for me is my GCSEs and whether it is suffice for LSE.
English Language - 9
History - A*
English Literature - 7
RE - A
Further Additional Science - A
Additional Science - B
Core Science - B
Mathematics - 6
French - B
Arabic - B

Please tell me if i stand a chance. If i work hard enough, I may be able to pull out 3 A*.
Thank You

As you're probably aware, LSE say they want a majority of GCSEs to be A or A* grades:
http://www.lse.ac.uk/Study-at-LSE/Undergraduate/Degree-programmes-2017/BA-History

You're right on the edge of that, so exceptional predictions might tip the balance. The important thing is that if you don't apply you have zero chance. And LSE would be only one of five choices.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Usual standard offer is 3As.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest