danielg1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
is anyone doing media new spec, exams in 2019???
SillyPig123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am ✋🏻
danielg1
Rep:
?
(Original post by SillyPig123)
I am ✋🏻
hi!! have you started the case studies, if so which ones have you done?? it sucks how we literally dont know what kind of questions are going to be asked etc i feel so lost lol
diamondionysx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am!! Have you picked what tv dramas you’re going to write about in the exam?
danielg1
Rep:
?
(Original post by diamondionysx)
I am!! Have you picked what tv dramas you’re going to write about in the exam?
are you sure we’re the same?? aqa is telling us what we need to study and write about; so far we’ve done zoella and dr who
SillyPig123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by danielg1)
hi!! have you started the case studies, if so which ones have you done?? it sucks how we literally dont know what kind of questions are going to be asked etc i feel so lost lol
Same, especially because in my schoo, media studies had the lowest pass rate. That really gives me confidence lol

So far we have looked at basic media terms and a few theories suck as Propps character types and the binary opposites theory. We have looked at the quality street advert that is going to be in the exam, aswell as a 'this girl can' advert. We are now on Spectre, but the teacher is structuring the lessons really weird so I don't actually know what is supposed to be in the exam.
Beth286
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Im the last year sitting the old spec this year, what exactly happens in the new spec?? What do you do without coursework??
SillyPig123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Beth286)
Im the last year sitting the old spec this year, what exactly happens in the new spec?? What do you do without coursework??
Your grades are based on exams and (something like 40%) is graded on a media that you created like a film trailer or magazine
Beth286
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Your grades are based on exams and (something like 40%) is graded on a media that you created like a film trailer or magazine
Oh so there still is coursework? I hate media so much the coursework puts such a downer on the subject
SillyPig123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Beth286)
Oh so there still is coursework? I hate media so much the coursework puts such a downer on the subject
Only that one piece but yeah
Noodlestudent
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Good luck, I did the old spec last year so I hope it hasn’t got too difficult!
diamondionysx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
are you sure we’re the same?? aqa is telling us what we need to study and write about; so far we’ve done zoella and dr who
sorry aha i think i’ve misread the question. i’m sitting the aqa media exam from the old spec (but still 2018)
danielg1
Rep:
?
(Original post by Noodlestudent)
Good luck, I did the old spec last year so I hope it hasn’t got too difficult!
if the old spec was “easy”, then it has defo got harder
danielg1
Rep:
?
(Original post by diamondionysx)
sorry aha i think i’ve misread the question. i’m sitting the aqa media exam from the old spec (but still 2018)
haha its okay, i wish i did it in 2018
danielg1
Rep:
?
Same, especially because in my schoo, media studies had the lowest pass rate. That really gives me confidence lol

So far we have looked at basic media terms and a few theories suck as Propps character types and the binary opposites theory. We have looked at the quality street advert that is going to be in the exam, aswell as a 'this girl can' advert. We are now on Spectre, but the teacher is structuring the lessons really weird so I don't actually know what is supposed to be in the exam.
I haven’t looked at any of those csps, but i dont think i am at all since none have been mentioned??? we looked at all the basic terms tho too
Noodlestudent
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
if the old spec was “easy”, then it has defo got harder
I wouldn’t say easy, you still had to work very hard in the actual exam. But i can definitely see where they did make it even more difficult!
y14raynera
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am! I have literally learnt nothing in media and am in year 10. Really stressed as I have no idea what the questions will be like and how to revise!
anikamehra7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
is anyone making a tabloid for their media 2019 coursework, if so can someone please help me with how to structure them. I have no clue and my teacher has abandoned me so i have no idea what I have to make to achieve those top marks...
Manny25
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am Daniel danielg1
danielg1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i got a 3 in my mock exam yikes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.56%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.78%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.08%
I need help with my personal statement (74)
41.81%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.16%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.91%

Watched Threads