Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Den987)
    Use ''physicsandmathstutor.com''. The more papers you do the better you become. However if you are not sure where the answers come from, then it should have step by step explanations for you.
    Isn't that only for A level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HXA97)
    For GCSE just go through the whole textbook and do 10 pastpapers from your exam board which should improve your grades-also my maths is good for some questions
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by HXA97)
    It has some papers for GCSE but these will just be the specimen papers. Try to avoid past papers for the old (easier) specification.

ReputationRep:
    When i did mocks at GCSE i kept getting 4s in maths and i was completely hopeless, I revised as much as i could (not much lmao) but ended up coming out with a 6. Currentlt doing chemistry so it worked out. Chances are grade boundaries will be low like they were for me and youll get a 6 or 7... good luck though👍🏻
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella_Jones)
    When i did mocks at GCSE i kept getting 4s in maths and i was completely hopeless, I revised as much as i could (not much lmao) but ended up coming out with a 6. Currentlt doing chemistry so it worked out. Chances are grade boundaries will be low like they were for me and youll get a 6 or 7... good luck though👍🏻
    What you just said is basically what I want lol. I’m gonna revise maths as much as I can now, really need to get a 6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notnek)
    It has some papers for GCSE but these will just be the specimen papers. Try to avoid past papers for the old (easier) specification.
    I see. I will use your maths revision list for Practice Questions.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by HXA97)
    I see. I will use your maths revision list for Practice Questions.
    They're mainly exam style questions so many will be hard. If you're not confident with a topic then a revision guide may be better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HXA97)
    It should have some past papers that you could use. However, it also has a revision section. Right now though you can't click on them, meaning that they are probably in the process of being updated, so use the revision guide for that. But do keep an eye out for any updates.

Good Luck,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HXA97)
    So I currently have mocks, and I just had my 2nd maths paper today. It didn’t go so well and then I see everyone come out of the exam, saying it was easy. I want to at least get a 6 but right now I feel as if I achieved a 5. I also revised so hard for maths, more than English, science and all my other subjects I’ve done so far. As of now, I am using mathswatch to revise but I feel as if the questions aren’t difficult enough because in the exam, it’s ten times harder. Is it worth getting a revision guide or should I use things like maths genie and on maths etc. It’s important I get a 6 in maths as I need a 6 in maths to study biology and chemistry at A level.
    Ask your teacher to give you practice papers. do maybe 1 a week and with any that you struggle on, ask your teacher or ask on here

ReputationRep:
    to get top marks do i need to
    1) go through the topics
    2) do workbooks and etc
    3) then put away revision guides and keep doing past papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloesky2018)
    to get top marks do i need to
    1) go through the topics
    2) do workbooks and etc
    3) then put away revision guides and keep doing past papers?
    Pretty much, but you shouldn't even have to use revision guides when practicing normally apart from when you've revised or learnt it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 26, 2018

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.