Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I'm having a situation here with someone in my boarding house just not leaving me alone. I can't quite handle it myself but I'm reluctant to go to my housemaster. Any suggestions what I should do next? I have been thinking of grassing him up for taking drugs but would that be too extreme?

Any help would be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    it depends how bad the situation is tbh. even if you could go to someone, an adult, for advice (perhaps with a 'hypothetical' situation aha) it could help you decide what to do. reporting him would prevent anyone else suffering like you, and of course help you, but the repercussions depend on whether it remains anonymous i guess. not too sure about the drugs thing, it's a serious issue but also their own decision to do them- although if you're worried about their health, for example, you should probably talk to someone.

ReputationRep:
    honeyofcourse The situation is actually not too bad (at least no physical contact), but it's happening more and more often to the point that I can't stand anymore. On one occasion he walked into my room naked prancing around despite me constantly telling him to leave. The reason I don't want to tell my housemaster is that it will go public and I don't want to be viewed as a grasser

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wuzeren)
    honeyofcourse The situation is actually not too bad (at least no physical contact), but it's happening more and more often to the point that I can't stand anymore. On one occasion he walked into my room naked prancing around despite me constantly telling him to leave. The reason I don't want to tell my housemaster is that it will go public and I don't want to be viewed as a grasser
    is there any way for it to be anonymous? an anonymous email perhaps? you could at least ask someone with more experience dealing with this stuff (a teacher, friends, even your housemaster) but you don't necessarily have to tell them it's about you or the whole thing. it'll help to mull it over- definitely do something if it gets really awful, but honestly him coming into your room naked is pretty bad as it it. don't be afraid to report him, it's your right to feel comfortable and safe in your accommodation and people should understand that.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by wuzeren)
    Hey guys I'm having a situation here with someone in my boarding house just not leaving me alone. I can't quite handle it myself but I'm reluctant to go to my housemaster. Any suggestions what I should do next? I have been thinking of grassing him up for taking drugs but would that be too extreme?

Any help would be appreciated.
    My best advice would be to give this thread a read:
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5047614

And know that it's quite rare to have an easy solution.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2018
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.