Would university accept grades that are DDD

Watch
This discussion is closed.
thomaso_98
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I want to apply for university again but only have DDD and just wondered if anyone knows of people that have gotten such low grades and been offered a place
JDieMstr
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
No and even if they did, I can certainly say that they just want your loan money.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by thomaso_98)
I want to apply for university again but only have DDD and just wondered if anyone knows of people that have gotten such low grades and been offered a place
Are these A level grades?What degree are you looking to study? Many unis will let you on a Foundation year with DD.

Try putting grades and course into here:
https://university.which.co.uk/courses
NiamhWilliams24
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
My friend's boyfriend got in with D's but it wasn't a good university, especially for what career he wants in the future.
thomaso_98
Rep:
(Original post by Muttley79)
Are these A level grades?What degree are you looking to study? Many unis will let you on a Foundation year with DD.

Try putting grades and course into here:
https://university.which.co.uk/courses
Yeah it's a levels have 10 gcses c above as well and i don't know depends what course they can offer me
thomaso_98
Rep:
(Original post by NiamhWilliams24)
My friend's boyfriend got in with D's but it wasn't a good university, especially for what career he wants in the future.
Yeah thought as much to be honest. I have been to uni before but dropped out due to disliking the course got an unconditional offer hense my grades sliding way down
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
why not retake it , did u have any extenuating circumstances during your exams
thomaso_98
Rep:
I would but that's two whole years of studying again and by some miracle I can get in with these grades I may as well save myself some time
(Original post by Ray_Shadows)
why not retake it , did u have any extenuating circumstances during your exams
TheDreamWeaver
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Even if they did don’t you think university will be a little too hard for you? Especially since your grades are pretty low?
thomaso_98
Rep:
No as I was in uni last year and was getting 60% in ysj uni and my grades are so low as I'd an unconditional offer and just didn't care after I accepted the offer
(Original post by TheDreamWeaver)
Even if they did don’t you think university will be a little too hard for you? Especially since your grades are pretty low?
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
No as I was in uni last year and was getting 60% in ysj uni and my grades are so low as I'd an unconditional offer and just didn't care after I accepted the offer
Decide on a few subjects and search on Foundation years - seriously you can get into a decent uni. Ignore the silly comments ...
TheDreamWeaver
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
You “just didn’t care” not really the attitude to have...
Anagogic
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
This isn't always the case my friend got CDD in his A levels but got into Keele through clearing and graduated last year with a 1st in physics with astrophysics =)
TheDreamWeaver
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
Decide on a few subjects and search on Foundation years - seriously you can get into a decent uni. Ignore the silly comments ...
Are you saying my comment is silly?
thomaso_98
Rep:
Not looking a lecture kiddo I was 18 and enjoyed the occasional beverage and found something called sex. As I said was hitting 60% in university just didn't like the course so dropped out
You “just didn’t care” not really the attitude to have...
sindyscape62
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Yeah it's a levels have 10 gcses c above as well and i don't know depends what course they can offer me
I'd say your main problem is not knowing what course to do. The subject is absolutely the most important thing to decide about going to uni - much more than which university. Don't apply to anything until you've decided which subject is it you're really interested in studying for 3 years.

If you want to go to a decent uni, you probably want to look at foundation courses, some of which would probably take you.

Another question to ask yourself is why you want to try university again. If you don't know what subject you're interested in then presumably you don't have a specific career in mind, so what exactly do you want to get out of a degree?
0lut0
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
There are some foundation courses that accept DDD but you have to do a foundation year so 1 year of learning the basics.
thomaso_98
Rep:
I've heard about clearing think if all else fails I'll hopefully get something I want through that thank you
(Original post by Anagogic)
This isn't always the case my friend got CDD in his A levels but got into Keele through clearing and graduated last year with a 1st in physics with astrophysics =)
TheDreamWeaver
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anagogic)
No but it could be the case for this particular situation.
TheDreamWeaver
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Not looking a lecture kiddo I was 18 and enjoyed the occasional beverage and found something called sex. As I said was hitting 60% in university just didn't like the course so dropped out
I’m not giving you a lecture sunshine, you sound like one of those dossers who go to university to waste time and come away with nothing.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (63)
12.48%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.78%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (131)
25.94%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.51%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (242)
47.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (17)
3.37%

Watched Threads