Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone, I have been studying at the University of Amsterdam 6 months now (first year bachelor), and I have noticed at first that there are very few classes, like 4 two hours lectures per week. I have gotten very bored in my daily life, hovewer I do spend my time just reading books, doing online courses, but still I feel very frustrated. Currently I have only 6 hours of lectures per week, it feels more like I am doing a hobby than studying. So I am wondering it this is normal? How many lectures/classes per week do you have?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by tasitoefl)
    Hello everyone, I have been studying at the University of Amsterdam 6 months now (first year bachelor), and I have noticed at first that there are very few classes, like 4 two hours lectures per week. I have gotten very bored in my daily life, hovewer I do spend my time just reading books, doing online courses, but still I feel very frustrated. Currently I have only 6 hours of lectures per week, it feels more like I am doing a hobby than studying. So I am wondering it this is normal? How many lectures/classes per week do you have?
    Worst semester was 25 hours a week, best was 13.

Time to have fun I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the course, sciences tend to have over 15 hours a week of lectures, labs etc, whereas humanities students tend to have less than 8 a week

ReputationRep:
    I'm on 12hrs with 3hrs of tutorials fortnightly, make the most of facilities, societies, clubs, cultural experience, work experiences
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.