The Student Room Group

UCAS Course Codes

For 4 of my ucas choices for Chemistry the course code is F100. However i have also applied to John Moore's and this has the course code C368 for the same degree. Can anyone explain why this is?
Original post by Eirs212
For 4 of my ucas choices for Chemistry the course code is F100. However i have also applied to John Moore's and this has the course code C368 for the same degree. Can anyone explain why this is?

Because ucas are dreadful at coding courses consistently.

It doesn’t reflect the course content. Two of your F100 courses could be more different from each other than the ljmu course. You need to look at the university websites to find out what modules are covered to see what the differences are.
Reply 2
Thank you very much for the reply, your information has been a great help. I was just worried that although the course content doesnt seem too disimilar to the other choices, i was worried that the course code was C3 because this was classified as Zoology.
Original post by Eirs212
Thank you very much for the reply, your information has been a great help. I was just worried that although the course content doesnt seem too disimilar to the other choices, i was worried that the course code was C3 because this was classified as Zoology.

Like I say - UCAS are rubbish at assigning codes...look at the modules and the details of what you'll study and ignore UCAS and their dodgy codes :yes:.
Reply 4
Trying to find 4 digit ucas code to apply for nationwide student account anyone help me
Reply 5
Original post by Poort 33
Trying to find 4 digit ucas code to apply for nationwide student account anyone help me

Although irrelevant to course codes, you should be able to find the codes you need in UCAS Track, they should be quite prominent!

As long as the course code matches up with the university's site, it should be good irregardless of if it matches the others or not!
Original post by Poort 33

Your bank verification code is emailed to you after your place is confirmed (usually in August). If you can’t find the email then you need to speak to UCAS (on Twitter or Facebook via private message when they’re online) to get it resent

Quick Reply