Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    For 4 of my ucas choices for Chemistry the course code is F100. However i have also applied to John Moore's and this has the course code C368 for the same degree. Can anyone explain why this is?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Eirs212)
    For 4 of my ucas choices for Chemistry the course code is F100. However i have also applied to John Moore's and this has the course code C368 for the same degree. Can anyone explain why this is?
    Because ucas are dreadful at coding courses consistently.

It doesn’t reflect the course content. Two of your F100 courses could be more different from each other than the ljmu course. You need to look at the university websites to find out what modules are covered to see what the differences are.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for the reply, your information has been a great help. I was just worried that although the course content doesnt seem too disimilar to the other choices, i was worried that the course code was C3 because this was classified as Zoology.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Eirs212)
    Thank you very much for the reply, your information has been a great help. I was just worried that although the course content doesnt seem too disimilar to the other choices, i was worried that the course code was C3 because this was classified as Zoology.
    Like I say - UCAS are rubbish at assigning codes...look at the modules and the details of what you'll study and ignore UCAS and their dodgy codes :yes:.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.