Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I’m 16 and both my parents drink way too much. Especially my dad. They drink every single night and are addicted. It’s been happening for years but I can’t tell anyone because no one would believe me.
    I cry myself to sleep almost every night and have done for years as anytime I try to talk To them about it they just shout at me.
    the only person I’ve told is my boyfriend but he just says I use it as an excuse to be upset when it’s not at all because I try to hid it from everyone.
    I don’t know what to do. Its all getting to much for me and I have my GCSE’s soon which is super important but they’re just dragging me down which makes me stressed about everything and I feel like I’m going to fail.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

tell a teacher at school
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Completely understand. Right now my dad is practically passed out on the sofa downstairs.Don't ye worry!!!! There is always someone doing worse than you.My best friend is always telling me about how her parents stumble into the house at 3am every saturday morning after their weekly friday night outing at some nightclub.Her brother is 21 and still living at home and the last time he came home, he was sick at random points throughout the house. (She, btw, is doing really well with her A-level studies- so please don't stress about ur GCSEs :-).If you are really worried- tell your best friend, do see a teacher if things get rly bad as everyone will want to do their bit to help (your bf sounds like a **** btw- if he thinks you just want attention from that and doesn't try to help, WHY ARE YOU STILL WITH HIM?)Reading back I realise that probs isn't the advice you want but I hope its destressed you a little?????X
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 8, 2018
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.